71 Years old Cambodian man attacked by Feral Pig

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

71 Years old Cambodian man attacked by Feral Pig

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Pursat: A 71 years old man, Cambodian farmer, named Brak Arn, got attacked by a feral pig while he was clearing grass on a cassava farm, on January 14, at Krowanh District in Pursat.

According to the police inspector, the victim went to the cassava farm to clear the grass, when suddenly, the feral pig came out of the grass and attacked the victim.
The victim, who has injuries on his left hip, left calf, left hand, and head, was brought to the hospital immediately. His days are not in danger.
A bit 'gory'...
Spoiler:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: A 71 Years old Cambodian man got attack of Feral Pig

Post by frank lee bent »

horrid creatures. seen more than my share of them in queensland. they come right into the suburbs of Cairns as willyhilly can attest- and devastate gardens
had a young Maori tenant that would run the suckers down barefoot through the rainforest and catch them by the ear
Hangi with kumara and ginger leaves, banana, pumpkin
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: A 71 Years old Cambodian man got attack of Feral Pig

Post by Duncan »

frank lee bent wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:04 pm horrid creatures. seen more than my share of them in queensland. they come right into the suburbs of Cairns as willyhilly can attest- and devastate gardens
had a young Maori tenant that would run the suckers down barefoot through the rainforest and catch them by the ear
Hangi with kumara and ginger leaves, banana, pumpkin

Hey mate,,, you forgot the fuckin puha.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Re: 71 Years old Cambodian man attacked by Feral Pig

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Just last week in the New Forest (england) somebody was attacked by a wild boar, had the tip of his finger bitten off. The Boars escaped from a farm a few years ago and now there are lots.

charlie
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:25 pm Just last week in the New Forest (england) somebody was attacked by a wild boar, had the tip of his finger bitten off. The Boars escaped from a farm a few years ago and now there are lots.
Ha! That was what I immediately though of when I read this.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 53136.html

I've heard about these feral pigs for years. I'm not sure if they are domestic pigs that escape and just regress or do they breed with wild boars or something?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

I think somebody was farming Boars for the meat and a few escaped some years ago. I am suprised that nobody is "rustling" them i think wild boar meat, organic at that, would sell for a premium?

charlie
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:48 pm I think somebody was farming Boars for the meat and a few escaped some years ago. I am suprised that nobody is "rustling" them i think wild boar meat, organic at that, would sell for a premium?

charlie
They aren't easy to kill as far as I know, at least they aren't in Far Cry 4 or Primal. Nearly as bad as badgers.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Pig hunting in New Zealand is a very popular pastime. All you need is a knife and two or more dogs , plus a body with plenty of stamina. In my earlier years
I had a property bordering on a large forestry and Maori land and often went with some friends pig hunting. A great way to get an adrenalin rush.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Feral pigs in NZ dont have the parasites in them

In Oz most of the wild pigs have harmful parasites so it is risky to eat them
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

kgbagent wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:49 pm Feral pigs in NZ dont have the parasites in them

Those Kiwi parasites are usually in the sheep.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic