New $1.5-billion Phnom Penh airport approved

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

New $1.5-billion Phnom Penh airport approved

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Long-awaited news of the future Phnom Penh airport was released today. It will be financed by a majority of "foreign" (China Development Bank) capital.

12 January 2018
- A new airport for Phnom Penh will be built in Kandal province, a southern part of the capital, according to a government announcement on Friday.
Cambodia Airport Investment Co Ltd, a joint-venture between a local conglomerate OCIC owned by Oknha Pung Kheivse, and the government’s State Secretariat of Civil Aviation, will be responsible for building the 4F class airport, the statement read,.

It added that the total investment would be $1.5 billion, of which $1.1 billion will come from loans from foreign banks, $280 million from the Oversea Cambodia Investment Corporation, a local company, and $120 million in registration capital.

Located in Takhmao town and Kandal Stung district, the airport will cover more than 2,600 hectares of land, the statement read. The OCIC will have 90 percent of the investment and the rest will be from the State Secretariat of Civil Aviation.

The OCIC reached a deal on the financing cooperation framework agreement for the project with the China Development Bank on Thursday at the Peace Palace, where 18 other agreements and memorandums of understanding between Cambodia and China were signed...
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/50101782/ne ... -approved/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: New $1.5-billion Phnom Penh airport approved

Post by cptrelentless »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:48 pm Long-awaited news of the future Phnom Penh airport was released today. It will be financed by a majority of "foreign" (China Development Bank) capital.

12 January 2018
- A new airport for Phnom Penh will be built in Kandal province, a southern part of the capital, according to a government announcement on Friday.
Cambodia Airport Investment Co Ltd, a joint-venture between a local conglomerate OCIC owned by Oknha Pung Kheivse, and the government’s State Secretariat of Civil Aviation, will be responsible for building the 4F class airport, the statement read,.

It added that the total investment would be $1.5 billion, of which $1.1 billion will come from loans from foreign banks, $280 million from the Oversea Cambodia Investment Corporation, a local company, and $120 million in registration capital.

Located in Takhmao town and Kandal Stung district, the airport will cover more than 2,600 hectares of land, the statement read. The OCIC will have 90 percent of the investment and the rest will be from the State Secretariat of Civil Aviation.

The OCIC reached a deal on the financing cooperation framework agreement for the project with the China Development Bank on Thursday at the Peace Palace, where 18 other agreements and memorandums of understanding between Cambodia and China were signed...
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/50101782/ne ... -approved/
From the drawing it looks like you'll still have to get a cocking bus from some of the planes parked at the back. Why not have a second domestic hub connected by some sort of train or tunnel?
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

They should have made HE Blvd 8 lanes.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Post by Duncan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:11 am

tonetone420 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:11 am
Whats the story with Takhmao town in Kandal? Was thinking about possibly moving there, can anyone give me the rundown on this area?

I've been in Takhmau for four and a half years and have seen big changes over that time. I was right when I predicted the PP city would expand southwards and with the vast amount of vacant land in the area Takhmau will grow even more. The big disadvantage is the 12 km from center to center is clogged with traffic, especially during peak times. The new river transport being set up will be great for those not wanting to use a moto/car.

I can see the day when HE gives the OK for a new International airport to be built south of Takhmau [[ not far from his home ] and a rail-line to Pechentong airport.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.

Dont ever try to tell me my crystal ball does not work.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Will this be a second airport or is it replacing Pochentong?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

timmydownawell wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:13 pm Will this be a second airport or is it replacing Pochentong?

You asking me that simple question. OK. I've fired up my crystal ball and it says the new airport will eventually be the '' first international airport '' and Pochentong will be downgraded in size
Spoiler:
meaning some land will disappear/be swapped
to a local national airport.

You will note the height of the buildings in the foreground are about twenty stories high , so like everything in Cambodia , it's going to be bigger that anyone elses airport.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Duncan wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:41 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:13 pm Will this be a second airport or is it replacing Pochentong?

You asking me that simple question. OK. I've fired up my crystal ball and it says the new airport will eventually be the '' first international airport '' and Pochentong will be downgraded in size
Spoiler:
meaning some land will disappear/be swapped
to a local national airport.

You will note the height of the buildings in the foreground are about twenty stories high , so like everything in Cambodia , it's going to be bigger that anyone elses airport.
The picture on Khmer Times site is from the already scrapped Korea funded Siem Reap airport from few years back. There is no picture of this new airport yet.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

What a bunch of useless Dick's the KT are. They've even got the Bangkok Post printing it. Always a danger when you don't write original content.
Last edited by Abc123 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

epidemiks wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:56 pm They should have made HE Blvd 8 lanes.
The problem for incoming traffic is what happens when they hit 271/Monivong?

It's already a clusterfuck of epic proportions, add airport traffic and...

And what about the railway to Pochentong that's supposed to be built by April?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Duncan wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:01 pm Post by Duncan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:11 am

tonetone420 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:11 am
Whats the story with Takhmao town in Kandal? Was thinking about possibly moving there, can anyone give me the rundown on this area?

I've been in Takhmau for four and a half years and have seen big changes over that time. I was right when I predicted the PP city would expand southwards and with the vast amount of vacant land in the area Takhmau will grow even more. The big disadvantage is the 12 km from center to center is clogged with traffic, especially during peak times. The new river transport being set up will be great for those not wanting to use a moto/car.
Van Molyvann advised Sihanouk and later leaders to build south rather than west. They have reclaimed a whole lot of land in the Chak Angre wetlands for HS Boulevard and various projects but it's still only a small fraction of the area down there. Compared to the amount of land that has been shored up on Chruoy Changva and elsewhere it's not that big but once the drainage channel is sorted it's going to be huge.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic