Any Koh Kong residents here?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
martins
Tourist
Austria

Any Koh Kong residents here?

Post by martins »

Hello everybody,

I've been to Cambodia 4 times now, always on a motorbike and loving the country more each time.
I'll be returning in March for another go-around, can't wait!
Now to my question. Is anyone on here at the moment in Koh Kong?
I have a friend called Steve that I can't get in touch with and I am wondering what happened to him.
He is approximately (going off my memory here) 72 years old and from the UK, but has been in Cambodia on and off for the last ~40 years.
I am sure that if you know him, you'll recognise this description. Would like to refrain from using his whole name as I am fairly certain he would not appreciate it, if all is well with him... (if you'd like to verify that I am talking about the Steve you know, please drop me a pm and I'll tell you his full name)
We have had a few adventures together and I believe I can say that I am a real friend of his. If you know him, I am sure you've heard of our trips together...
However, he has stopped answering mails a while ago and I am wondering if anybody knows what is going on.
My hope is that he has simply lost his tablet that he as been using forever and his yahoo password has vanished with it. Or that I did something to upset him and make him stop answering ma mails, in which case a -he is fine, just not answering mails- would be good enough for me.
Last I know is that he wanted to go to the UK for a get-together with his cousins about 8-10 months ago.
(we have always been in very loose contact, so that amount of time is not really very worrying to me, but the fact that he doesn't answer any more is)

I would be thankful and ok if somebody just told me that he is fine and I should stop worrying.
I will be in Koh Kong sometime early March and really hope to meet him.

Thanks guys,
Cheers M