Pontoon opinion

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cougar.hunter
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Pontoon opinion

Post by Cougar.hunter »

Idk what’s worst ponton or love club lol they both give me headaches, yet I still go there on the weekends.
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

Absolutely right! Security ( 30% pimping some girl inside) being very unprofessional and agressive. MUSIC? You definitely cannot call this (dance-) music, wouldn't even listen to when sitting on my toilet. NOGO! Some Khmer dicos playing good sound, good for dancing, not for finding chicks1 So what
bucknaked
Expatriate
Australia

Post by bucknaked »

I love this place
we go there on every visit once or twice per trip

awesome sound system, music [usually] good enough, not what I normally listen to but the lights and the sound quality make up for it
drinks expensive but it is a club

I've found the staff to be utmost professional
bar staff show you the notes you just handed them, show you the change laid out afterwards
yes, lots of security but i have never seen any trouble in there, last year i saw some people so drunk they fell over in a bear hug, security helped them back up and let them be
security see someone carrying a tray of drinks they clear a path for them, a drink gets spilled they have signaled for a clean up, they anticipate any shit before it happens
in December I was frisked going back in and they had me empty my pockets, examined the joint i had and confiscated it, fair enough, not that I would have lit it up inside, I shit myself thinking they will at least fleece me for some money, next break in the flow I went to go in and head security grabbed me by the shoulder....apologised for taking it
I left with a girl and she went up to security to tried and get it back for me....I love Cambodia

the toughest part of Pontoon is staying awake or not being too hammered when all the action starts, you don't wanna be there too early :)
Even the ugly ones
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

What is the point of nightclubs beyond drug distribution and hooking up with other losers? I really don’t get it.

a) “dancing is the only exercise I get all week”- newsflash, drinking 2000 calories and poisoning yourself probably won’t work off that beer gut or those saddle bags.
b) “I like the music”- cool story bro, Spotify/SoundCloud, music streaming is a thing... and you can choose what songs to play!
c) “it’s the only place I can buy drugs and nobody knows!” - ok boomer, it’s our little secret!!
d) “I met my wife there”- said every divorcee ever.
e) “no I really did!” - great conversations you just have over a drink that’s on fire & peaceful adagio in the background...
f) “I’m just there to see which hookers are left at closing..” - save yourself the ear damage, there are streets for that sort of thing.
g) ”I’m a DJ” ... LOL!!!
h) “I’m the manager/owner” - Smart move, these people are so dumb.

#GrumpyOldMan :hattip:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

alexvanlaar wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:59 am Absolutely right! Security ( 30% pimping some girl inside) being very unprofessional and agressive. MUSIC? You definitely cannot call this (dance-) music, wouldn't even listen to when sitting on my toilet. NOGO! Some Khmer dicos playing good sound, good for dancing, not for finding chicks1 So what
Discussion Thread Necromancy – Raising the Dead

:D

https://tandemgeek.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... -the-dead/
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

superferret wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:48 am Here's my opinion of Pontoon in case someone's interested:

Thuggish disco really sucks

I've been to this place about 20-30 times
If you think it is so shit why did you go so many times? I don't get it. Huh? I have been out later than 10.30pm once where I am. It was shit. I haven't done it again and will never do it again either.
bucknaked
Expatriate
Australia

Post by bucknaked »

I have been out later than 10.30pm once where I am. It was shit. I haven't done it again and will never do it again either.
lol, the forums of the living dead.... :stir:
Even the ugly ones
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

Going out late and getting fucked up is all well and good. But after a certain age if you are still doing it means it might be time to have a long and hard look in the mirror. Socks need pulling up.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Khmu Nation wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:09 pm Going out late and getting fucked up is all well and good. But after a certain age if you are still doing it means it might be time to have a long and hard look in the mirror. Socks need pulling up.
You wear socks???????????
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

Arget wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:00 pm
Khmu Nation wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:09 pm Going out late and getting fucked up is all well and good. But after a certain age if you are still doing it means it might be time to have a long and hard look in the mirror. Socks need pulling up.
You wear socks???????????
Figuratively speaking.

:hattip:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic