End of an era - Charlie Harper’s sold

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: End of an era - Charlie Harper’s sold

Post by rozzieoz »

jaynewcastle wrote:I wonder what he would think of Snooky now ?
I’m glad he didn’t get to see it.
He died in the last really good season, I remember that year - it was wonderful.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Londonmail »

Bit extreme thing to say roz... but I guess I get your meaning...

I will return one day... even if only briefly.... If ever aloud to get into cambo again that is

:)
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Anyone know where Luna is?
antonio66
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by antonio66 »

Lived in S/ville for 7 yrs, and always enjoyed the company in there for the last couple of yrs before I left. I remember playing cards in the room upstairs before the bar was open, I still miss Tony as I'm sure many do, the place was never the same after his unfortunate death.
Jo Bold
Expatriate

Post by Jo Bold »

<iframe title="vimeo-player" src="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:10 pm Anyone know where Luna is?
contact her and ask:
https://www.facebook.com/loneluna.aagre ... NzEyMzc%3D
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Jo Bold wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:41 am <iframe title="vimeo-player" src="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Great video Jo, brought back some memories. Looking at my 50 cent beer t-shirt in the wardrobe made me chuckle, Tony realised he'd made a bit of a marketing error when he sold the entire batch rapido but there was about 10 of us clones lining the bar every night after drinking 50 cent beers all evening. 😁🍺.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Londonmail »

Thanks again for this video, been a while since I see it last.. nice to see sooo many familiar faces....
Rip my old friend...
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:31 pm
Jo Bold wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:41 am <iframe title="vimeo-player" src="" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Great video Jo, brought back some memories. Looking at my 50 cent beer t-shirt in the wardrobe made me chuckle, Tony realised he'd made a bit of a marketing error when he sold the entire batch rapido but there was about 10 of us clones lining the bar every night after drinking 50 cent beers all evening. 😁🍺.
Most people who had one didn’t wear them every night because even though they like a cheap beer they wanted the place to still be in business!
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

whatwat wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:59 am
Most people who had one didn’t wear them every night because even though they like a cheap beer they wanted the place to still be in business!
And they did need washing occassionally, don't forget that.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic