End of an era - Charlie Harper’s sold

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: End of an era - Charlie Harper’s sold

Post by rozzieoz »

Ok I apologise, my sources gave me a bum steer. Admin please delete the topic, I’m so sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

We all get info on lots of topics from various sources. Sometimes they are wrong. Even media reports are incorrect at times (except Fresh News..)
By making the topic you ensured that the discussion led to the correct information.
Don't change the way you post Ros
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

frank lee bent wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:41 pm the big empty block of land on the Kampot river front in the same block as Rusty Keyhole was just sold to Chinese- as was a $2 M deal in Kep last weekend according to rumour
LOTS of ineterest in Kep now
courl be a good time to sell, Rich
for sure- things will be getting less easy for the long noses in the not too distant future here
we are surplus to requirements now
our antics will pale in comparison to the misdeeds of mainlanders

i wonder how the small business people feel?
will they still find opportunity in the new environment?
Sorry, there was hysteria when the Japanese were buying America in the 1990s.

They never took over, did they?

The Chinese can't really defend themselves.

They piss off people, then every 20-30 years, they often get massacred for being haughty and selfish.

People have targeted the Chinese recently here: Vietnam, KR, etc. Elitist, corrupt scum, in the end.

Some call it a correction.

Always be good to your customers and neighbors.

Koreans gentrified much of black America, put in lights, cleaned up, etc.

Of course, they aren't Commies and were all ex-military, believe it or not, since the 50s.

China may help try to civilize Cambodia. Their crime: bad English and zero international social skills (mainlanders).
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

You guys know that Tony was just the manager, right? He'd been telling his missus he owned the place, but she fell on her arse trying to sell it when he died.
fatuousdrivel
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by fatuousdrivel »

so got told yesterday that charlie harpers is closing end of july

the owner paid the current tenants off.

i heard about tony.very sad.
some people said he was murdered but i find that unlikely he liked riding fast and drinking fast...

on a related note I see someone has renewed (this month) his old website sihanoukvilleonline.com although nothing really works.
more likely it was expired and they bought it
fatuousdrivel
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by fatuousdrivel »

cptrelentless wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:22 pm You guys know that Tony was just the manager, right? He'd been telling his missus he owned the place, but she fell on her arse trying to sell it when he died.
well his mrs has been there since he died i here and she just got paid off
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Yes, and Naga belongs to some very senior people.

Nobody can compete, fortunately.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

fatuousdrivel wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:42 pm
cptrelentless wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:22 pm You guys know that Tony was just the manager, right? He'd been telling his missus he owned the place, but she fell on her arse trying to sell it when he died.
well his mrs has been there since he died i here and she just got paid off
She had no stake in the property because they didn't own it or the lease. Did she tell you this?
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

She owns the lease not the building (obviously) and has the business licence stuck behind the bar.

If she didn’t own anything she would have been kicked out when Tony died. The other barang owners walked away from their stake and never even contacted her or her friends.

She’s now been compensated for the lease ending early.

(Hello everyone!)
fatuousdrivel
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by fatuousdrivel »

That’s how I understood it but I’m open to knowledge from people who are on the ground, so to speak.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic