American SAMUEL DOUGLAS LOVEJOY Arrested for Child Sex Abuse in Kampot, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
lordofmisrule
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: American Samuel Douglas Lovejoy Arrested for Child Sex Abuse

Post by lordofmisrule »

Ronny wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:40 pm
prahocalypse now wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:57 pm He has been sent to the Department of Immigration, so perhaps he is being deported to the USA to face the charges.
So how does the deportation process work? I mean, are you handcuffed before departure and all during the flight with 2 law enforcement agents on each side of you? Do you have to pay for your own ticket and do you fly economy? Must be embarrassing as hell no matter how you put it.
And if you pay for your ticket can you use frequent flyer miles?
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: American Samuel Douglas Lovejoy Arrested for Child Sex Abuse

Post by Barang chgout »

Ronny wrote:
epidemiks wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:56 pm
Username Taken wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:50 pm I wonder if this is the same guy,

LOVEJOY, SAMUEL DOUGLAS - 02/22/17
Felony Failure to Appear
Indecent Liberties - Child by Custodian
Indecent Liberties - Child by Custodian

https://www.loudoun.gov/DocumentCenter/View/126703
Almost certainly

I was about to say the article refers to immigration and foreign office, which would be unusual had the crime happened here.

Kampot town

On the 8th of January, the Tetragrammaton
BE 2561
On January 9, 2018, at 13:30

The Immigration Department, in collaboration with the Foreign Office, has arrested Susan Samuel Douglas Lovejoy, a 31-year-old American, who holds a passport number 548552504 for sexual abuse of children (According to a letter from the Security Attaché) at the fence at Mey Mey village, Meas commune, Kampong Kandal district, Kampot province.

The suspects have now been sent to the General Department of Immigration.
The security attache would be US law enforcement I'd guess.

Virginia law re "Indecent Liberties - Child by Custodian"
18.2-370.1. Taking indecent liberties with child by person in custodial or supervisory relationship; penalties.

A. Any person 18 years of age or older who, except as provided in § 18.2-370, maintains a custodial or supervisory relationship over a child under the age of 18 and is not legally married to such child and such child is not emancipated who, with lascivious intent, knowingly and intentionally (i) proposes that any such child feel or fondle the sexual or genital parts of such person or that such person feel or handle the sexual or genital parts of the child; or (ii) proposes to such child the performance of an act of sexual intercourse, anal intercourse, cunnilingus, fellatio, or anilingus or any act constituting an offense under § 18.2-361; or (iii) exposes his or her sexual or genital parts to such child; or (iv) proposes that any such child expose his or her sexual or genital parts to such person; or (v) proposes to the child that the child engage in sexual intercourse, sodomy or fondling of sexual or genital parts with another person; or (vi) sexually abuses the child as defined in subdivision 6 of § 18.2-67.10 is guilty of a Class 6 felony.

B. Any person who is convicted of a second or subsequent violation of this section is guilty of a Class 5 felony, provided that (i) the offenses were not part of a common act, transaction or scheme; (ii) the accused was at liberty as defined in § 53.1-151 between each conviction; and (iii) it is admitted, or found by the jury or judge before whom the person is tried, that the accused was previously convicted of a violation of this section.
edit, updated the translation.
If he had done it in Alabama or way up in the Appalachian Mountains nobody would have said a word because it's so common, lol. Location, location, location...
Now THAT'S really funny!
Also creepy and frankly disturbing!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: American SAMUEL DOUGLAS LOVEJOY Arrested for Child Sex Abuse in Kampot, Cambodia

Post by wolfcreek »

What is considered a "child" in Cambodia? Do the use the biological definiition: someone who has not yet reached puberty, or do they use the legal definition: someone who has not yet reached the age of majority (whatever that is in Cambodia)?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: American SAMUEL DOUGLAS LOVEJOY Arrested for Child Sex Abuse in Kampot, Cambodia

Post by pczz »

wolfcreek wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:56 pm What is considered a "child" in Cambodia? Do the use the biological definiition: someone who has not yet reached puberty, or do they use the legal definition: someone who has not yet reached the age of majority (whatever that is in Cambodia)?
I think its 15, but some ethnic groups have their own rules and very often cases are dealt with by compensation. For many things in Cambodia its not "do the crime, do the time". For many crimes The state does not proceed with prosecutions if the parties reach a financial settlement.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

pczz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:22 pm
wolfcreek wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:56 pm What is considered a "child" in Cambodia? Do the use the biological definiition: someone who has not yet reached puberty, or do they use the legal definition: someone who has not yet reached the age of majority (whatever that is in Cambodia)?
I think its 15, but some ethnic groups have their own rules and very often cases are dealt with by compensation. For many things in Cambodia its not "do the crime, do the time". For many crimes The state does not proceed with prosecutions if the parties reach a financial settlement.
You never know. Recent example here, with a Banlung policeman who allegedly raped young two girls belonging to an ethnic minority. There was an underhand 'settlement", more or less forced by the local authorities, but the family don't seem happy about letting the guy get away with it.
post215094.html?hilit=Rattanakkkiri%20p ... pe#p215094
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

You can get in a whole lot of trouble for anyone under 18, going by newspaper reports.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:56 pm You can get in a whole lot of trouble for anyone under 18, going by newspaper reports.
I read somewhere its 18 in thailand WITH PARENTS CINSENT but 21 otherwise. Nit sure if its true or not :newbie:
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

I am trying to get my head around an 18 year old saying to mum and dad "can i have sex"? :please:

charlie
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

"NO not until you have done your homework and cleaned your room"

charlie
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

No. It's a school night !!!!!!!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic