Need some info on possibly illegal brothel/human trafficking in Phnom Penh

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Need some info on possibly illegal brothel/human trafficking in Phnom Penh

Post by superferret »

There's this "guesthouse" on street 172 called Heng Srey Pich right next to the party area a minute walk from pontoon. Several years ago out of curiosity on a drunken party night I accepted the invitation to go in
and see the "vietnamese girls". It's a very small place and they took me to a hidden room where they sat me down on a tiny chair and brought in a line-up of about 20-25
vietnamese women and told me to choose one. I politely thanked them and left, and didn't even remember much after, considering my state of inebriation on that night.
However, the incident haunted me ever since.
About a year ago, I noticed this place is still open very late at night and always seems to have a guard sitting outside. Such a small guesthouse would never have a guard this late at night. They keep an extremely low profile and I've never seen any women or anyone for that matter going in and out.
On one or two occasions, I attempted to get in again, asking for the girls. They flatly denied there are girls and told me to piss off.
I reported the place to some organizations dealing with human trafficking and got absolutely no response.
I just walked by and again, at 5 am on a monday night, the place is open and there are people sitting silently in the lobby. This place is definitely not a guesthouse.
Any of you tough guys here up for a bit of investigative work to possibly rescue these women, and possibly underage girls ?
I can't go back because they would recognize me and I could be in serious danger, but if an unknown person goes with a moto driver they probably would not suspect anything.
Let me know if you have any info on this place.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Re: Need some info on possibly illegal brothel/human trafficking in PP

Post by Cruisemonkey »

That's very noble. However, you seem to have no proof of anything... even if the girls want or need to be 'rescued'. If you start making waves, you may find out the place is owned by a general or someone in the police... and end up in a ditch... dead.
:shock:
You could be next.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

[Khmer440 link removed.]
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
KickingWithRedLabel
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by KickingWithRedLabel »

Are there any legal brothels?
Chaturbater
Tourist
Andorra

Post by Chaturbater »

superferret wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:27 am told me to choose one.
you must be a real ugly barstool lol
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Captain Bonez wrote: [Khmer440 link removed.]
^ Florian reposts undet another handle.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

There's plenty of KTV that needs help too :hattip:
Don't forget the water buffalo
KickingWithRedLabel
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by KickingWithRedLabel »

superferret wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:27 am
Any of you tough guys here up for a bit of investigative work to possibly rescue these women, and possibly underage girls ?

Are you suggesting some sort of raid, taking the women by force?
You could recruit local retired special forces and CIA ops to assist. Sort of like an The Expendables movie
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

KickingWithRedLabel wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:46 am
You could recruit local retired special forces and CIA ops to assist. Sort of like an The Expendables movie
Mira knows some guys who could help. :stir:
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

KickingWithRedLabel wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:46 am
superferret wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:27 am

He’ll find plenty of recruits for his A-team easily enough in GSM & other dive bars of PP, but if he wants the cream of the crop he’d be better off recruiting in Pattaya & Bangkok.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic