Need some info on possibly illegal brothel/human trafficking in Phnom Penh

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Need some info on possibly illegal brothel/human trafficking in Phnom Penh

Post by taabarang »

"You guys are such great keyboard warriors, try doing some investigation in real life, like I am.'

Kid, you're just too young and stupid to be my role model. I'm just an old man who wants to get even older. Saddle up your white horse and take your righteous indignation into the sunset with you.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

superferret wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:34 pm
that genius wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:25 pm
superferret wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:22 pm This is CEO, It's a public forum and a public discussion, so you fuck off dude, just cause you have more posts doesn't make you special.
Go back to Khmer440, that's where you belong.
Ah, so 440 also told you you're delusional. OK. :D
Khmer440 is a group of been-here-too-long psychos who have nothing better to do than pick on everything. It masquerades as a public forum,
whereas it's just a vicious platform for these guys to amuse each other.
You guys are such great keyboard warriors, try doing some investigation in real life, like I am.
75% or possible more of us here were on K440 (and at least half of those frequented bars for the girls) when it was worth being there.

for the Lord knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish. ~Psalms 1:6

teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning. ~Proverbs 9:9

The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable, but the mouth of the wicked, what is perverse. ~Proverbs 10:32

Now go peddle ur shit elsewhere, please. :please:

I never thought of myself as a monger, as i never traveled anywhere just to get laid, BUT i have partaken of the flesh of the female in many countries and in a many situations...

My motto, Live and let live as its all Karma
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:37 pm
superferret wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:22 pm
Arget wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:04 am Some on here are valued and respected for their knowledge and advice on various issues. They are posters who have a good network around Cambodia. Kuroneko is one of them. For you to call BS on him shows your own stupidity. Jamie tried to give feed back but you don't listen.

In short . Fuck off. =@
Maybe his story is not BS, but what he wrote about me doing harm is utter BS.
This is CEO, It's a public forum and a public discussion, so you fuck off dude, just cause you have more posts doesn't make you special.
Go back to Khmer440, that's where you belong with your crude manners and bullying.
If I want to call BS on another fellow poster that's between me and him and mind your own business.
in fairness, you claim this to be a public discussion,
then tell people to mind their own business when they get involved in the public discussion?

you don't go down the Pub (public house)
stop everyone drinking by publicly asking a question to everyone in the room,
then when one respected punter gives you some advice you call him a sex tourist,
then get sensitive when some drunk sat in the corner over hears and tells you to Fuck Off
Oh Jamie I am so hurt by the insinuation that I am but a drunk sat in the corner....... I might have to call BS =@
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

Be careful about ending in a gutter without having actually helped anyone ... :(
Don't forget the water buffalo
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Just read the original post, fancy being haunted by entering a brothel and being asked to choose a partner. The man needs help.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

superferret wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:47 am Why would I be doing harm by trying to do something about women possibly held captive by traffickers?
Because you are making the assumption that the women are "trafficked victims" in need of rescue. You are effectively suggesting a "raid and rescue approach" which can be demonstrated as harmful to the so called "victims", even when the rescuers are supposedly professionals. For example:

Rescue and Rehabilitation: A Critical Analysis of Sex Workers’ Antitrafficking Response in India, Veronica Magar Signs,Vol. 37, No. 3 (Spring 2012), pp. 619-644, The University of Chicago Press

Raid and rescue operations are a key aspect of government interventions to address trafficking. These operations are generally carried out by law enforcement officers, such as the assistant commissioner of police. A raid and rescue team enters an identified brothel unannounced and removes underage girls, and women, by force. The girls and women are identified through the use of decoy customers. Ideally, they are then interviewed and provided with health care services. Afterward, the girls are placed in a government or other officially certified safe house. According to the 2003 National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) report (Nair 2003), this approach raises concerns related to state corruption, including bribes, extortion, sexual coercion, and complicity on the part of the police. Moreover, rescues can be traumatizing, and girls face the risk of abuse in the safe house and can be retrafficked (Ministry of Women and Child Development 2010

Bandyopadhyay, Nandinee, Swapna Gayen, Rama Debnath, Kajol Bose, Sikha Das,Geeta Das, M. Das, et al. 2004. “‘Streetwalkers Show the Way’: Reframing the Debate on Trafficking from Sex Workers’ Perspective.” IDS Bulletin 35(4):104–11

Ending trafficking in sex work calls for measures to ensure all brothel owners and managers abide by norms barring them from recruiting trafficked sex workers. Durbar rejects the raid and rescue operations favoured by the police, social workers and anti-trafficking NGOs.

These rescuers never consult sex workers to find out what they want, violate their rights by evicting them from their homes and workplaces, often insult and physically abuse them during the raid and then imprison them in remand homes for destitutes and delinquents, in a process not dissimilar at all from trafficking. Rehabilitation can be equally coercive and can create the conditions for further exploitation, with brothel-keepers or petty impostors posing as guardians and later extorting money from the sex worker or making her work like a slaves
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

There have been many reports over the years about women being raped by police after their "rescue". I first heard of this in 1999.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Arget wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:42 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:37 pm
superferret wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:22 pm
Arget wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:04 am Some on here are valued and respected for their knowledge and advice on various issues. They are posters who have a good network around Cambodia. Kuroneko is one of them. For you to call BS on him shows your own stupidity. Jamie tried to give feed back but you don't listen.

In short . Fuck off. =@
Maybe his story is not BS, but what he wrote about me doing harm is utter BS.
This is CEO, It's a public forum and a public discussion, so you fuck off dude, just cause you have more posts doesn't make you special.
Go back to Khmer440, that's where you belong with your crude manners and bullying.
If I want to call BS on another fellow poster that's between me and him and mind your own business.
in fairness, you claim this to be a public discussion,
then tell people to mind their own business when they get involved in the public discussion?

you don't go down the Pub (public house)
stop everyone drinking by publicly asking a question to everyone in the room,
then when one respected punter gives you some advice you call him a sex tourist,
then get sensitive when some drunk sat in the corner over hears and tells you to Fuck Off
Oh Jamie I am so hurt by the insinuation that I am but a drunk sat in the corner....... I might have to call BS =@
:plus1: haha it was just an analogy of the pub scenario not a personal dig :wink: :beer:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Post by superferret »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:40 pm
superferret wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:34 pm
that genius wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:25 pm
superferret wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:22 pm This is CEO, It's a public forum and a public discussion, so you fuck off dude, just cause you have more posts doesn't make you special.
Go back to Khmer440, that's where you belong.
Ah, so 440 also told you you're delusional. OK. :D
Khmer440 is a group of been-here-too-long psychos who have nothing better to do than pick on everything. It masquerades as a public forum,
whereas it's just a vicious platform for these guys to amuse each other.
You guys are such great keyboard warriors, try doing some investigation in real life, like I am.
75% or possible more of us here were on K440 (and at least half of those frequented bars for the girls) when it was worth being there.

for the Lord knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish. ~Psalms 1:6

teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning. ~Proverbs 9:9

The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable, but the mouth of the wicked, what is perverse. ~Proverbs 10:32

Now go peddle ur shit elsewhere, please. :please:

I never thought of myself as a monger, as i never traveled anywhere just to get laid, BUT i have partaken of the flesh of the female in many countries and in a many situations...

My motto, Live and let live as its all Karma
Ok Phuketrichard, so in the future could the 75% of you who were on K440 just not respond to any of my posts in any way please?
I really was hoping this forum is different. If all you regulars on K440 just disappeared magically, I really don't think the rest of us expats would mind and we could start having some good discussions on here without all the aging trolls who really have nothing better to do than attack random people for anything.
A lot of you guys don't even seem to have the intelligence to tell the difference between forced prostitution/human trafficking and the regular sex industry which women enter on their free will. I don't even read khmer440 anymore because the discussions there are such poor quality trash.
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Post by superferret »

Kuroneko wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:09 pm
superferret wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:47 am Why would I be doing harm by trying to do something about women possibly held captive by traffickers?
Because you are making the assumption that the women are "trafficked victims" in need of rescue. You are effectively suggesting a "raid and rescue approach" which can be demonstrated as harmful to the so called "victims", even when the rescuers are supposedly professionals.
You're right and I've heard this before, I'm aware of it. That doesn't mean forced captivity, forced prostitution and exploitation of minors does not exist. That's why Human Trafficking and the CPU exist.
If you were in the field you should know better than I.
I'm not attacking regular prostitution. I don't make assumptions, but this brothel is suspicious as hell for the above mentioned things.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic