Police seized nearly 2,000 bikes in Phnom Penh last weekend.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Police seized nearly 2,000 bikes in Phnom Penh last weekend.

Post by timmydownawell »

Barang chgout wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:52 pm
timmydownawell wrote:
frank lee bent wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:37 pm they had to remove a bunch of speed cameras in new south wales when the courts found they had no public safety outcome at all- purely a revenue generator.
See I don't agree with this. If someone is speeding and they get caught by a camera they should pay a fine regardless. They were still breaking the law.
Yes! Arrest the criminals and build more prisons. That will legislate behaviour!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
? Speeding tickets require neither...
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

When are they planning on taking the rest of the bikes?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

timmydownawell wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:20 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:37 pm they had to remove a bunch of speed cameras in new south wales when the courts found they had no public safety outcome at all- purely a revenue generator.
See I don't agree with this. If someone is speeding and they get caught by a camera they should pay a fine regardless. They were still breaking the law.
First time I was speed trapped in KoW, around 2010ish, I was quoted 10k rl by the enforcer. Upon asking him what was the maximum fine, he asked me for a small or a big car? Mine being categorized as a small one it was 5 dollars. I gave him 7,5$ and asked for his number so he could tell me if my odometer was well calibrated at 200kph :horse:
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:33 pm When are they planning on taking the rest of the bikes?
Well first they will swap all the good bits for the crap ones on their bikes and then it probably doesnt matter much.
If they put police on 51, 63 and n136 they would get 1000 in a day. Tonight 1 twat in a black merc and a big suv both going wrong way down 136 causing traffic mayhem
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

pczz wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:27 pm
John Bingham wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:33 pm When are they planning on taking the rest of the bikes?
Well first they will swap all the good bits for the crap ones on their bikes and then it probably doesnt matter much.
If they put police on 51, 63 and n136 they would get 1000 in a day.

Tonight 1 twat in a black merc and a big suv both going wrong way down 136 causing traffic mayhem

Dont worry about it,,, It's probably parked on a footpath by now where it wont cause mayhem.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

pczz wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:27 pm
If they put police on 51, 63 and n136 they would get 1000 in a day. Tonight 1 twat in a black merc and a big suv both going wrong way down 136 causing traffic mayhem
Please don't give them any ideas. The fucks in Thailand started reading the forums, and changing policies but not for the better!
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

More bikes were seized in Phnom Penh yesterday.

Phnom Penh: On January 8, 2018, at 11am, the Meanchey District police force cooperated with other police to uphold road traffic law by cracking down on illegal motorbike driving and driving without a helmet. 77 motorcyclists were apprehended and 40 motorbikes were removed by police.
ImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Police are at it again today on Street 63 beside Wat Koh. Targeting helmetless riders and more.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

I've seen them pull over quite a few vehicles recently as well, never saw any get towed, plenty of temper and indignation from the people getting stopped though.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

timmydownawell wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:41 am Police are at it again today on Street 63 beside Wat Koh. Targeting helmetless riders and more.
They only got the blind ones :-) 3 groups of green police at the preceeding corners with walkie talkies is a give away and a lot of Khmer turned off 63. :beer1:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic