British model SUNDAL ROY, now in Sihanoukville Cambodia, on Hitler, the Holocaust, and Jews as such

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Administration/Moderation Concerns?

Post by Anchor Moy »

Barang chgout wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:31 pm WHERE IS THE TRAPPER?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
Sitting at home watching Discovery channel, preparing for the next internet adventure. :2girlsit8:
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Sorry about the messed-up quoting, keyboard funny, but my comments are underlined...usually, LOL
Pizzalover wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:07 pm
Genius: The number's game is crap. Some senior scholars think it was around 5.8 Mill. The number will continue to vary to a small degree depending on ongoing research. But that is normal in academia. The number alone does not define genocide. Check the 1948 U.N. convention, it's online.

Then post the irrefutable sources to prove it. It's that simple.

Your point of view has major flows. First, you given the Nazi credibility alone by the statement "both parties". You make the Nazi part of an argument. You also fail to understand that the Nazi statements are ad hominem from the start. Nazism and holocaust denial are not open for debate.

When I spoke of both parties, you also went overboard. You can register displeasure in different ways, you went frothy ad hominem, and you are thus no better in that respect, although you may feel justified. Providing calm proof would serve your purpose better.

You are also wrong with your statement about conspiracy. Conspiracies are secretive. What I call for is a public statement by the forum administrators/moderators on policy. Clear cut.

Conspiracies are in secret, their results are often public, witness Julius Caesar's assassination et al.

It is disappointing that some people shy away from taking a determined stand against Nazis. Rape, mutilations, human experiments, mass shootings, the extermination camps, the death marching, the killings of the homosexuals, the Romas, the bombing of cities, the mass murder of millions of POWs, torched earth are not up for debate as such. Apparently, many confuse academic or informed discussion with denial.

These incidents happened. To debate whether they happened or whether they were good or evil is obviously wrong. To discuss/investigate the numbers involved is historical methodology, and no one should get special treatment. The claim by some people that they are somehow special is precisely the logic the Nazis used.

Denial is not debate. Denial was organized already at the time the crimes were committed and denial played a critical part in the organization and execution of the crime. Denial is not an argument, a point of view, it is a crime in itself.

Denial is a crime? Of anything, by anybody? Slippery slope.

I stand by it: especially a forum operating in Cambodia, a country where the next mass grave is not far, where the terror of Pol Pot is still on the faces of many victims, needs to take a stand.
Why especially a forum operating in Cambodia? Have you voiced your concern with denial of KR events with regional media?

I'm kind of interested to note that not once in your indignation have you mentioned the Congolese, the Yemenis, the Albanians, the Cossacks, or the Palestinians.

If you are willing to castigate all racists, let's talk about the Israeli Minister of Justice who said all Palestinians were ' animals' (iirc, she said 'beasts' ), Trump talking about shithole countries, South African and Israeli apartheid practices, the Rohingya in Myanmar, the Kurds in Iraq, the UK in Northern Ireland, etc.

Apply one standard to everyone and I'm with you. But truth can withstand academic investigation and debate.

I'm totally with you for decent standards wrt the treatment of all people, but I'm totally against any group getting special treatment; that's exactly what started the Aryan Nazis going.
Last edited by that genius on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I think he's gone to the other forum for a while.
Anyway, I was engaged in the conversation with Ronny and found it very strange. He asked for evidence and when he got it he ignored it, as predicted. I was surprised that nobody else was interested at the time because the engagement went on over quite a few hours. I tried to keep it civil and take a neutral stance but in one post he got really annoyed and called me a liberal. Another time he said something about Hilary which I couldn't quite follow. Sad ass guy. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by chorlton »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:47 pm
I think he's gone to the other forum for a while.
Anyway, I was engaged in the conversation with Ronny and found it very strange. He asked for evidence and when he got it he ignored it, as predicted. I was surprised that nobody else was interested at the time because the engagement went on over quite a few hours. I tried to keep it civil and take a neutral stance but in one post he got really annoyed and called me a liberal. Another time he said something about Hilary which I couldn't quite follow. Sad ass guy. 8-)
I got a notification he'd quoted/replied to me but as the topics gone I will never know what he said to me but I bet it was loving & kind :lol:
"Tolerance towards intolerance is cowardice"
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

"genius"
I do not have to post irreversible proof for a number. There is sufficient academic consensus by qualified people. One example: Just get a copy of the Oxford Handbook of Genocide Studies and follow journals like Holocaust and Genocide Studies, Journal of Genocide Research, and a few others. The scope of the journals covers the entire globe and more cases than most people can imagine. There are at least two major international associations of genocide scholars. You can use their websites for further inquiries. I m certain they will deal with your views as appropriate.

Ad hominem. I register with satisfaction that you got the latin expression right, this time. As for the rest of that section. Read again. Maybe you get it this time. There is no 'other party' when it comes to the Holocaust. Dont try the David Irving stunt with us. It is old and has failed before. There are no alternative facts, reality, views. It is the holocaust.

Julius Caesar at CEO...... Speaks for itself. Leave your efforts at Latin and Roman history aside for a moment, they dont get you anywhere. Try the Oxford dictionary for conspiracy. Come back and repeat your statement if you still think you have a point. Whatever you imagine, the word has a defined meaning which is, too bad - I know , defined.

Historical method: Again you twisting things. The Nazi has no argument. He uses a criminal webpage or posting, check it, it is even stated there to make a false claim. A false claim does not establish an argument.

Denial as in Genocide Denial: There is a whole literature available. Again turn to those journals above. As for the question of a crime. Nothing slippery. Check the French code, the German and a few others. The Irving case was also telling. This article is illuminating: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... st-deniers

Cambodian media: Cheap stunt. Purely rhetorical.

Focusing on the Holocaust and anti-Semitism is fully justified in a thread where this is stated in the headline. Your remarks about other cases would have had some minimal legitimacy if it had been otherwise. What you do is pulling up red herring and making claims out of context. Same about Israel. It is not the topic. Discuss the government, the settlers, where and whenever you like. This thread is (was?) about a British Model in SHV disseminating anti-Semitism and Holocaust denial. The thread was hijacked by a Nazi and the moderators fell into the trap. It was never about anything else. Open a thread about the Congo. Wait, I can do that for you! You have not done so and then come along blaming me for something you dont do yourself? Dont you see your own absurdity?

Truth and academic review. Absolutely. But the Nazi has nothing to do with that. For review you need to make a point like introducing new evidence that provides new insides. A neo-nazi webpage does not qualify as such.

'Special treatment' - you really must not use this expression in connection with Jews or the Holocaust. Sonderbehandlung was the code word for murder of a people. Evidently, you have little idea about the holocaust. The victims deserve more respect. Your ignorance is pathetic.

The thread is what it is - a thread on anti-Semitism and Holocaust denial. Nothing more and nothing less. Complaining that it is not on something else is cheap. But then, "genius", in truth you do not care. It is just nagging about Jews and the attention they get. This must not happen, it does not agree with your mindset. Your professed concern for the Congo is well documented on this forum. You did not post this info.the-rest-the-world/remembrance-day-the- ... 16384.html

The one who did was Vladimir and you did not even comment. The above remarks are just blunder - it is a front, you have a different agenda. That's my view.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Pizzalover,,, I'm damn sure your countries flag is not Cambodian. Be honest , are you ashamed to show us your real country flag.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

I never selected a flag and never paid attention to it. Perhaps it is there because i' m in Cambodia. No idea and also unimportant.

I grew up with a generation that paid very little attention to flags and much less to national ones. As for my background: Keep wondering. It is nice when someone barks up the wrong tree. Nothing to be embarrassed in my case and that's a matter of record.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Pizzalover wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:43 pm "genius"
I do not have to post irreversible proof for a number. There is sufficient academic consensus by qualified people. One example: Just get a copy of the Oxford Handbook of Genocide Studies and follow journals like Holocaust and Genocide Studies, Journal of Genocide Research, and a few others. The scope of the journals covers the entire globe and more cases than most people can imagine. There are at least two major international associations of genocide scholars. You can use their websites for further inquiries. I m certain they will deal with your views as appropriate.

It's called science, so yes, if we are talking numbers, you do, even if you think you're special.

Ad hominem. I register with satisfaction that you got the latin expression right, this time. As for the rest of that section. Read again. Maybe you get it this time. There is no 'other party' when it comes to the Holocaust. Dont try the David Irving stunt with us. It is old and has failed before. There are no alternative facts, reality, views. It is the holocaust.

The two ' parties' I was referring to who lost t were you and the poster you called a Nazi. You still don't get it.

Julius Caesar at CEO...... Speaks for itself. Leave your efforts at Latin and Roman history aside for a moment, they dont get you anywhere. Try the Oxford dictionary for conspiracy. Come back and repeat your statement if you still think you have a point. Whatever you imagine, the word has a defined meaning which is, too bad - I know , defined.

Historical method: Again you twisting things. The Nazi has no argument. He uses a criminal webpage or posting, check it, it is even stated there to make a false claim. A false claim does not establish an argument.

Denial as in Genocide Denial: There is a whole literature available. Again turn to those journals above. As for the question of a crime. Nothing slippery. Check the French code, the German and a few others. The Irving case was also telling. This article is illuminating: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... st-deniers

This is your problem. You frothed at him, instead of quoting/citing, so you destroyed any decent rebuttal. A day later, when he is gone, you post your sources. Nice. Laughable.

Cambodian media: Cheap stunt. Purely rhetorical.

You raised it, put your money where your mouth is. My guess is you'r partisan.

Focusing on the Holocaust and anti-Semitism is fully justified in a thread where this is stated in the headline. Your remarks about other cases would have had some minimal legitimacy if it had been otherwise. What you do is pulling up red herring and making claims out of context. Same about Israel. It is not the topic. Discuss the government, the settlers, where and whenever you like. This thread is (was?) about a British Model in SHV disseminating anti-Semitism and Holocaust denial. The thread was hijacked by a Nazi and the moderators fell into the trap. It was never about anything else. Open a thread about the Congo. Wait, I can do that for you! You have not done so and then come along blaming me for something you dont do yourself? Dont you see your own absurdity?

Truth and academic review. Absolutely. But the Nazi has nothing to do with that. For review you need to make a point like introducing new evidence that provides new insides. A neo-nazi webpage does not qualify as such.

'Special treatment' - you really must not use this expression in connection with Jews or the Holocaust. Sonderbehandlung was the code word for murder of a people. Evidently, you have little idea about the holocaust. The victims deserve more respect. Your ignorance is pathetic.

The thread is what it is - a thread on anti-Semitism and Holocaust denial. Nothing more and nothing less. Complaining that it is not on something else is cheap. But then, "genius", in truth you do not care. It is just nagging about Jews and the attention they get. This must not happen, it does not agree with your mindset. Your professed concern for the Congo is well documented on this forum. You did not post this info.the-rest-the-world/remembrance-day-the- ... 16384.html

The one who did was Vladimir and you did not even comment. The above remarks are just blunder - it is a front, you have a different agenda. That's my view.
LOL.

You're being irrational . Someone posted an opinion. You went crazy and frothed at him instead of citing reliable sources.

You behaved no better than him. Why the kneejerk? Why not post your sources then?

You introduced Cambodia, not me, so you deal with it.

You want special treatment. I think everyone is equal, Jews, Palestinians, Congolese, Innuit, etc.. It appears you have a problem with that.

So who's the one with the problem? It's you, and your problem is the same as Ronny's.

You both think you're part of special, superior groups who cannot debate in a civilised manner, and froth at anything which contradicts their hallowed beliefs.

The two of you should get married.

And stop acting so entitled, it's ridiculous. Start your own damn forum, not everyone has to jump when you say so because your panties are in a bunch.

I'd hate to see what happens when you don't agree with people on music or movies, you probably have them shot.

Now go and cry/froth/strawman elsewhere, I'm out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic