British model SUNDAL ROY, now in Sihanoukville Cambodia, on Hitler, the Holocaust, and Jews as such

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Administration/Moderation Concerns?

Post by Username Taken »

Any thread title with "Hitler, the Holocaust, and Jews" in the subject line is never going to end well.

I read some of Ronny's rantings last night and facepalmed myself so many times that I knocked my self out and fell asleep.

You are right Pizzalover that Ronny did indeed cross the line of normal debate, however, as stated above, it was never going to end well.

The thread has now been relegated to The Pit (Trash). There is little point in cleaning it up and keeping it active as it will just degenerate again.

Australian rhyming slang: Septic Tank = Yank (often shortened to just Septics or The Septics)
Ronny is a septic. That explains why he is full of sh*t!

I will leave it for General Mackevili to make a policy statement.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Username Taken wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:47 pm Australian rhyming slang: Septic Tank = Yank (often shortened to just Septics or The Septics)
Ronny is a septic. That explains why he is full of sh*t!
Seppo usually
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

I was very surprised at the way the thread had turned when I logged in today, not that people have different opinions but that such vile hate speech was being given a platform.

If the moderators are not able to restrain this type of filth, I have no problem expressing my disgust for the poster's content and for anyone that would post such garbage.

I apologize that my actions contributed in causing a thread to be closed. To turn a blind eye to what was being posted is not something that I would consider appropriate for a man of my

faith .

I cetainly am willing to accept the consequences of my actions without regret.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

Username Taken: So the Nazi wins. You guys are taking the easiest and for you most comfortable way. Following through with the right thing sometimes takes a bit of effort. As for the thread itself, I did not simply post it. That was done after consultation with GM and much reflection.

The guy did what he did, got the the thread removed (added bonus), and no other consequences. You provide a blueprint for the future. Not the thread was a problem, the Nazi on the forum is thee problem. There seems to be some confusion.

The right way forward is to clean the thread up. Perma-ban the Nazi, make a policy statement, and issue a clear warning that any nazi or holocaust denier will be banned right away.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

see, the problem is that mods are not onboard at all hours.
3 of us are here in SEA, so when someone posts stuff in USA daylight hours for example, we may not see it for many hours.
i hit the sack by 9 PM myself.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:08 pm I was very surprised at the way the thread had turned when I logged in today, not that people have different opinions but that such vile hate speech was being given a platform.

If the moderators are not able to restrain this type of filth, I have no problem expressing my disgust for the poster's content and for anyone that would post such garbage.

I apologize that my actions contributed in causing a thread to be closed. To turn a blind eye to what was being posted is not something that I would consider appropriate for a man of my

faith .

I cetainly am willing to accept the consequences of my actions without regret.
You were doing the right thing. I cannot see you or anyone else being banned for calling a Nazi a Nazi.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

FLB and other moderators:

Please dont get me wrong. I m not suggesting that we are not on the same page. I also understand the work situation. Few moderators, lots of posts, and, like in your case for sure, a load of other work on your hands. You're not employees with a work schedule.

Let's leave the forum context aside for a second. I trust that in normal/real life, in society where we live, we would not put up with this Nazi and take a stand. After all we owe this to ourselves, to the victims, the generation who fought for our freedom. BMs lost family members to the Nazi. Not of their own generation but they faced the consequences in their youth and after. So let's do the right thing and stand united. Nazi ideology cannot have a place among us.

The procedural aspects of cleaning the thread and bringing it back can be done later.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

frank lee bent wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:19 pm see, the problem is that mods are not onboard at all hours.
3 of us are here in SEA, so when someone posts stuff in USA daylight hours for example, we may not see it for many hours.
This is why it's more efficient to report unwanted posts immediately, instead of expecting the mods to be on every thread 24/24.
This is a community forum so if there are unacceptable posts, let mods/admin know so they can be dealt with asap.
Btw I think the mods are doing a good job on the whole - but we need to remember they all have a life too.
Go mods :banana: (and rockers ;-) ).
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

frank lee bent wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:19 pm see, the problem is that mods are not onboard at all hours.
Banning posters has ZERO effect ( how many times has Trapper been banned, only to come back?)
I am anti Racism /anti nazi's, but thank god i come from a country where even assholes can have their say.
if u dont like it, say so and move on. There will always be haters and the misguided.
Rape, mutilations, human experiments, mass shootings, the death marching, the killings of the homosexuals, the bombing of cities, the mass murder of millions of POWs, torched earth
Nazi's or the Japanese? :stir:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

WHERE IS THE TRAPPER?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic