Police "check-points" suspended immediately

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
offroadscholar
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Police "check-points" suspended immediately

Post by offroadscholar »

frank lee bent wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:56 pm
i have been sitting in a pop up shop for 3 days in Kampot on riverside and have had at least 10 chinese asking me if i was the owner and want to sell.
Does anyone know if Kampot/Kratie/Battambang got the UNESCO listing last year for their French colonial buildings ?

If not, could be some threat to the future of the colonial shophouses in Kampot if the Chinese developers move on the place ?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

frank lee bent wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:56 pm because they stopped getting money from the trucks and taxis
allegedly HE was offended by the traffic mess in PP and ordered a crackdown, Kampot has a new gov- and no one ever registered motos here.
sooooooooooooo
another brick in the wall.
maybe they will run anyone out of here who is not china business connected

i have been sitting in a pop up shop for 3 days in Kampot on riverside and have had at least 10 chinese asking me if i was the owner and want to sell.

it is OVER boys!
end of an era- so best get ready if you live on the fringe.
Obviously you don't know how to say '' yes '' in Chinese. About time you learnt. [ Now 4 days ? ]
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

it is OVER boys!
end of an era- so best get ready if you live on the minge.
Fixed that for you.
Do you ask people if they want to buy some honey, or honeya?
Last edited by Abc123 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

offroadscholar wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:30 am

Does anyone know if Kampot/Kratie/Battambang got the UNESCO listing last year for their French colonial buildings ?

If not, could be some threat to the future of the colonial shophouses in Kampot if the Chinese developers move on the place ?
This is all I could find about that. If there's been no further news, I guess the listing didn't go through. You would have to do a search.
newsworthy/calls-for-preservation-cambo ... 0buildings

It would be a real shame if they destroyed Kampot, but I thought the idea was to set up a "new Kampot"or Kampot "riviera" which is quite a way from the town ?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

suspended checkpoint on the road to Kep this morning.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

offroadscholar wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:30 am

Even if they were not UNESCO listed and the Chinese pulled all the building down,,, We will still have photos of the buildings to hang on the wall and look at.

That's as good as it gets.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

frank lee bent wrote:suspended checkpoint on the road to Kep this morning.
In the air?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic