Police "check-points" suspended immediately

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Police "check-points" suspended immediately

Post by taabarang »

Great state Texas, will you pack heat in case Trapper shows up? How much does the training cost? Whatever you do I wish you luck and success.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

its about 2k with the licenses
employer picks that up
international certification too.
texas is thoroughly californicated now
easier to get a curry than a chili con carne in north dallas.
flat land with no geographical constraints and time zone make it corp central for both the americas
one of those strange places with high average income and crazy growth
unemployment where i am going is less than 3% and mcdonalds starts at $11/hr
kinda like here, not enough workers.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

And the reasons for the actions on the mottos?

Another show of who is the boss in Cambodia and this time it is another "legal" application of the laws of the land. It shows everyone that "they" will enforce the laws no matter who you are.

Seeing three cars pulled over for checks and fines the other day ( I was having a coffee at a small shop on 51) and then noticed that a large 4 wheel drive vehicle was next to be checked. This one had no rego plates on it and I thought that they would be sure to get busted. Silly me...... they had a head popped in the drivers window and then waved on without any further hold up.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

because they stopped getting money from the trucks and taxis
allegedly HE was offended by the traffic mess in PP and ordered a crackdown, Kampot has a new gov- and no one ever registered motos here.
sooooooooooooo
another brick in the wall.
maybe they will run anyone out of here who is not china business connected

i have been sitting in a pop up shop for 3 days in Kampot on riverside and have had at least 10 chinese asking me if i was the owner and want to sell.

it is OVER boys!
end of an era- so best get ready if you live on the fringe.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Fantastic. Saw this in action today in Sihanoukville.
I think they had the entire traffic police force out there on one intersection in the middle of town. About ten cops lined up on each side of the road on all four corners and a few further down to catch any runaways. There were reporters and cameras and a cop with a loud-speaker. It was a such a circus that I thought someone important was in town. Everyone stopped at the lights, it was amazing.
Then we got to the next intersection, and it was the usual no helmet chaos running through red lights as per usual.
And not a cop to be seen :plus1:
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

they had all the bridges blocked here today. proper .mil style
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

frank lee bent wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:08 pm they had all the bridges blocked here today. proper .mil style
Dont be too despondent. The stuff with the cops won't last - they will be zealous for a while and then it will slack off. :tumbleweed:

But the Chinese, thats another story. So many people from SHV (expats and Khmers both) say they are planning to move to Kampot these days. I don't think they have understood that the Chinese takeover does not stop with SHV.

But if you move to the boonies with shit roads and no (future) airports nearby, you should be fine, for now at least.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

But what if you 'own' land in a desirable fringe area?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

^ at flb

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »