Which Phnom Penh neighborhood for renting room for khmer friends?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Which Phnom Penh neighborhood for renting room for khmer friends?

Post by superferret »

Would like to move some khmer friends from the country to PP, but they don't know anyone here, so we don't know where to start.
Their budget is 100 usd a month, anyone know a neighborhood where they have good housing for locals at this price?
They just need a LARGE room, not a small studio and something that's not too far from center like the airport area would be too far.
Thanks
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Which PP neighborhood for renting room for khmer friends?

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

Depends what they're planning to do here, and more importantly, where? i'd say somewhere in the triangle of Wat Toul Sangkhe, freedom park on NR5 and Chroy Changvar bridge would be easily possible for that price, not far from Wat Phnom on a bike...
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I would suggest Veng Sreng Blvd .Lots of rooms for factory workers. They would even pick up a job in the area.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Post by superferret »

Borum-Ex frm TOForum wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:24 pm Depends what they're planning to do here, and more importantly, where? i'd say somewhere in the triangle of Wat Toul Sangkhe, freedom park on NR5 and Chroy Changvar bridge would be easily possible for that price, not far from Wat Phnom on a bike...
Thanks, they're street sellers basically. The kids need to go to Mith Samlanh so it would have to be a place where they have the buses to pick them up.
I'm looking for something like an "apartment" complex for locals where the rooms are decent quality, I don't want to put them in a slum or someone's back yard either.
Do you know anything like that?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

If the kids need to go to Mith Samlanh, then that would be a good starting point in the search for an apartment or room.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Boeung Tompoun or Steung Meanchey/ Chbar Amphul

Lots of rooms like you want in Boeung Tompoun, also just north of 271, I think it's st 430 perhaps I can ask someone to get some addresses if you're interested?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Borum-Ex frm TOForum wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:24 pm Depends what they're planning to do here, and more importantly, where? i'd say somewhere in the triangle of Wat Toul Sangkhe, freedom park on NR5 and Chroy Changvar bridge would be easily possible for that price, not far from Wat Phnom on a bike...
Up around the chroy changvar bridge . lots for rent a bit north around st 60-64. Got friends live there, quite a decent neighbourhood and plenty of options for street sellers. Rents for a pitch for selling on the treet are high closer in.
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

pczz wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:53 pm
Up around the chroy changvar bridge . lots for rent a bit north around st 60-64. Got friends live there, quite a decent neighbourhood and plenty of options for street sellers. Rents for a pitch for selling on the treet are high closer in.
What will they be selling @OP? fFreedom Park at night has loads of foad stalls, but all sellinh the same, mee cha, kuytiay, bay cha, and these fried different things like meat balls and stuff like that... Lacks of variety imo! I’ll have a look if i see something when i pass in that neighborhood.
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Post by superferret »

Borum-Ex frm TOForum wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:59 pm
What will they be selling @OP? fFreedom Park at night has loads of foad stalls, but all sellinh the same, mee cha, kuytiay, bay cha, and these fried different things like meat balls and stuff like that... Lacks of variety imo! I’ll have a look if i see something when i pass in that neighborhood.
Thanks a lot you guys, great advice. I'm going to check out this area around Chroy Changvar first it seems closer to the city.
They haven't figured out what they're going to sell yet, the guy can do motorbike repair. What's the nearest market in the Chroy Changvar area?
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

I didn't know street sellers even pay rent. To whom?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic