Is nightlife dying in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Re: Is nightlife dying in Cambodia?

Post by King Keil »

500m south of naga2, next to Epic
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

superferret wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:10 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:58 am
superferret wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:22 am The other big change I noticed is that while a few years ago there used to be a bunch of random young girls in the nightlife who were definitely not professionals, is it just me because all I’m seeing is professional hookers everywhere and their average age seems to have increased a lot. Lots more Khmers going out, that is true.
tbh if your wanting to meet local girls that arent hookers then go out to the local bars and discos,
if Pontoon, Heart, Sorya mall, Darlin Darlin are the places you go looking its no wonder youre only seeing pros,
Try Epic or Empire clubs or the new container bars that are popping up everywhere, a new club called Sound has just opened up recently too but not been there yet
Thanks for the advice.
Never heard of these container bars? Where are they?
Jet containers in between Naga world and Aeon mall are very big and popular
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Container bars, the next big thing that will utterly fail (after fish massage, Spas, and fruit juice carts). Counted 6-7 when I was in Temple Town last week.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

hanno wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:34 am Container bars, the next big thing that will utterly fail (after fish massage, Spas, and fruit juice carts). Counted 6-7 when I was in Temple Town last week.

They may fail as a Bar, but they will just be converted to something else.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrSbnE ... RhVyG13LM-
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

The jet containerbar is always packed, even during the week. Don't ask me why
Mekong.sushi.fighter
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Mekong.sushi.fighter »

They got the Jet counter idea from Thailand. Actually, I think I remember the one in Thailand and Cambodia looking almost the exact same.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

If they would organize the music better it could be ok but all this noise mixing up. Not for me
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

King Keil wrote:If they would organize the music better it could be ok but all this noise mixing up. Not for me
Agreed, although there are a few spots where the music doesn't overlap if you can snag them before anyone else. Most of the music there is atrocious though.
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

It's cheap, has warm, open air, and music (if loud and pop crap). Also has cool lighting in an enclosed area (semi-private).

Food is cheap, drinks OK, young people like it.

A cheap, sorta hip place with lights and music. Lots of people to meet there, too.

Kinda like Thailand ... Place by Lumpini like that, but with a big stage ringed by beer and food "stalls."

It works.
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
Sumac
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Sumac »

I've heard of the containers bars in Thailand but haven't been to one. Do people dance? Is the music at a level where you can talk to people?
Even when a person is not there, the water flows.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic