Best Restaurant in Kampot?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Best Restaurant in Kampot?

Post by kgbagent »

I strongly suggest you all get along there to keep him in business !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last week I had the Home-made breadcrumb Flathead fillets with salad and hand cut fries. On Sunday I went with 2 mates and we all had the Pan Fried Barra with a lemon chive sauce

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Found Saturdays Cchei pics now

ImageImageImageImage
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

Look out for Ecstatic I think they should be open now some where one the riverside, that family ran Ecstatic Pizza In SHV for years and years but were booted out with the big Occheauteal close down ...always a very busy and popular place... its his brother that has Ecstatic Pizza in Kampot. he might have come up with a different name but no surprise really!
I'll certainly look them up when next in KP probably next week....
they wont be competing with these fancily made dishes shown above but each to his own
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

No offence but those pictures from Chhei don't really whet my appetite. Barakka (in Kampot from the Belgian owners) is for sale so they'll probably change chefs soon. Thai Fire, Max and 23 look good. Next time you're in Kep try Holy Crab, never had a bad meal there, even in the quiet season always super fresh and tasty, similarly priced as most other seafood shacks at the crabmarket but superior chef.
just noise, white noise
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

whiteribbon wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:01 pm No offence but those pictures from Chhei don't really whet my appetite. Barakka (in Kampot from the Belgian owners) is for sale so they'll probably change chefs soon. Thai Fire, Max and 23 look good. Next time you're in Kep try Holy Crab, never had a bad meal there, even in the quiet season always super fresh and tasty, similarly priced as most other seafood shacks at the crabmarket but superior chef.

Fair enuf the pics but they dont do justice to the flavour and taste - worked in the industry for 20 years and the food there is pretty damn good

Funny u mentioned Holy Crab as we ended up there due to Baraka only serving pizza til 6pm in the afternoon - typical stupid attitude

Friend had the crab soup that was an amazing amount of crab meat - I had some tender BBQ squid

ImageImageImageImageImage
Marcus-Darkus
Expatriate

Post by Marcus-Darkus »

What has happened to Rusty Keyhole on the riverside? My friend just came back from Kampot and said it was shut. Are they refurbishing?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

they moved- lease was up.
thai fire is for sale
ecstatic pizza open facing old market and 5 or 6 other pizza places from sv on the front.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

frank lee bent wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:03 pm ecstatic pizza open facing old market
Is it the same old guy from Snooky?

If the same, are they also doing the $3 bbq?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

haven't been yet
seems to be a complete absence of sv style bbq here
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Food is so subjective, how can anyone say "this is the best....."?
Particularity when discussing pizza

$3 BBQ ... Best restaurant in Kampot>>>surely u jest
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic