STANTON WARRIORS / LEEROY THORNHILL (Ex THE PRODIGY) @Heart of Darkness 13th/20th January

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
PPUG
Expatriate
Cambodia

STANTON WARRIORS / LEEROY THORNHILL (Ex THE PRODIGY) @Heart of Darkness 13th/20th January

Post by PPUG »

CODE RED AGENCY TAKE OVER!!

FB event link : https://www.facebook.com/events/153271645395948/
We’re very excited to announce TWO BIG NIGHTS in JANUARY.

SATURDAY 13th JANUARY 2018 - THE STANTON WARRIORS
SATURDAY 20th JANUARY 2018 - LEEROY THORNHILL

STANTON WARRIORS (Dom B) - Since bursting onto the scene with their multi award-winning compilation “The Stanton Sessions” back in 2001, the Stanton Warriors’ irresistible and inimitable sound has consistently remained the soundtrack to some of the world’s biggest and best parties over the past thirteen years; from East London warehouses, Miami boat parties and illegal Detroit raves, to the stages of Glastonbury, Exit, Burning Man, Ultra and Coachella, selling out global tours and topping DJ lists along the way.

LEEROY THORNHILL (Founding member of the Prodigy) - As part of the biggest Dance act of the 90’s you will of course all know Leeroy Thornhill. Being a member of one of the greatest bands of the last 20 years is as much as an introduction any one needs!

Leeroy spent over 10 years with the Prodigy on their worldwide tours, numerous festival events and general hell raising shenanigans. He picked up his musical style whilst touring with the Prodigy in mid 90’s­ it is a mix of tuff Electrobreaks, old skool samples, Hip Hop, rock and electro. This is basically a great mash up of breaks n electro style toons, using plenty of familiar hooks, with a good old skool feel. Heavy on the electro edge and full of funk that rocks the dancefloor.

Leeroy has now teamed up with Marten Hörger (winner of two Breakpoll 2014 awards) from Germany’s favourite electrobreaks act Boogie Army to form his new production outfit Smash HiFi.

Both nights will be at THE HEART OF DARKNESS on street 51. Phnom Penhs longest running night club. Over 23 years in fact!!!!

With support from DJ SEQUENCE, TIM COATES & ROB BIANCHE

Tickets are 10$ (with 1 free Stoli mix or Cambodia Beer) or 15$ for both nights.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: STANTON WARRIORS / LEEROY THORNHILL (Ex THE PRODIGY) @Heart of Darkness 13th/20th January

Post by Kuroneko »

PPUG wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:07 pm Both nights will be at THE HEART OF DARKNESS on street 51. Phnom Penhs longest running night club. Over 23 years in fact!!!!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: STANTON WARRIORS / LEEROY THORNHILL (Ex THE PRODIGY) @Heart of Darkness 13th/20th January

Post by pczz »

heart of Darkness? Seriously? last time I was there was only 3 girls and it was dubious if they were born girls. Some octagenerian barabh dancing topless with 3 pretty Khmer boys. It is going to get wiped out by the new gay club on 174 which is supposd to be open now. maybe Heart will turn straight again
PPUG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PPUG »

We've got a 20% off promo code for prebooked tickets at https://www.last2ticket.com/en/events/646

Just use promo code CRA2018

Valid until PM Saturday 6th

http://vimeo.com/20377435

BTW, the event is at Heart of Darkness, but thats just the venue. Its being promoted by Code Red Agency and Phnom Penh Underground
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

Any good E's about? Pure white, not shitty brown coloured ones.
This will be some deceRnt music, I would think.

Has there been any other fairly big names in the west playing in Cambodia over the years?

I once met the guy who booked Bob Dylan to play n HCMC. I seem to remember he lost money over it.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Abc123 wrote:Any good E's about? Pure white, not shitty brown coloured ones.
This will be some deceRnt music, I would think.

Has there been any other fairly big names in the west playing in Cambodia over the years?

I once met the guy who booked Bob Dylan to play n HCMC. I seem to remember he lost money over it.
Grandmaster flash played pontoon circa 2012, and maybe Goldie the same year? and there was a failed attempt to have Leonard Cohen tour, in 2011 I think.

Some Korean stars have passed through, haven't they? Pretty sure Rain did a show on Diamond Island.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Grandmaster Flash, Akill the MC (Jurassic 5), Krafty Kuts, Mixmaster Mike (Beastie Boys), Leeroy Thornhill, DJ Craze, DJ Woody, + more that I can’t think of at the moment
Last edited by PSD-Kiwi on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by chorlton »

PSY (gangnam style bloke) was at the hard rock café siem reap last month
only for a drink & singing adele songs badly
I left
:lol:
"Tolerance towards intolerance is cowardice"
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
PPUG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PPUG »

You can't forget the biggest star of all!

that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

MLTR, if they count
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic