Warning: Ketchup thief on the loose in Sihanoukville

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Warning: Ketchup thief on the loose in Sihanoukville

Post by frank lee bent »

i note the offender chose the flagship brand.
maybe they sell hotdogs or such and failed to provide condiments
otherwise be on the lookout for a barang with a stained straw in the pocket.
i believe hoboes use free hot water and ketchup for "soup" in usa as a sort of survival food of last resort
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:34 pm Did the guy walk in carrying a plate of chips and pour some ketchup on the plate and walk out?
Yeah, sometimes there's no service, so I "pretend" to do something bad, say, go behind the counter or start doing something bad, then, INEVITABLY, a worker soon comes out of hiding to investigate, and I joke with them, then make my purchase. All good!

Was service so bad, they hardly supervised the store anymore?

A disgruntled customer, no doubt?
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Cam Nivag wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:34 pm Did the guy walk in carrying a plate of chips and pour some ketchup on the plate and walk out?
No, he wanted some sauce for his kebab.

Now the thief and the ketchup are on the lam.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

Possibly a member of staff? The Vietnamese are always pulling that shit. A few times in HCM I've picked up a carton of juice only to find someone couldn't resist popping the seal to have a quick taste then put the lid back on. According the Viet staff, they just can't help themselves.
xxxxxxx
Expatriate

Post by xxxxxxx »

I like how they posted a photo of the ketchup bottle as proof that some was missing and therefore stolen.
username
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by username »

Nice PR-stunt! Now I know where to get Heinz in Sihanoukville
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

xxxxxxx wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:02 pm I like how they posted a photo of the ketchup bottle as proof that some was missing and therefore stolen.
Yeah, and could also be proof that the next door business selling takeaways is too stingy with their ketchup. thumbdown
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Ever seen a Heinz bottle with the label on crooked before?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic