Canadian Expat Accused by Stepdaughter of Locking Up His Filipina Wife in Kep, Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Canadian Expat Accused by Stepdaughter of Locking Up His Filipina Wife in Kep, Cambodia

Post by General Mackevili »

A Filipina sent CEO a few messages saying her stepdad from Canada has been keeping her mother (his wife) locked up in the house against her will, and also verbally abuses her. She says she wants to file a lawsuit against him, and needs advice. I will post the messages here, but know that some are replies when I asked if he is a criminal back in Canada, why she left and also if her mom prefers to stay with him or what.

Here are those messages:

"Hi do you know someone who can help me file a law suit towards a canadian citizen living in cambodia? Im a filipono working here in cambodia with my mom and i want to sue my step dad

verbal abuse and he is keeping my mom locked down in our house whenever he's home in cambodia.

he works as a personal consultant in Myanmar and he goes back here 2 months for vacation and whenever he is here in Cambodia he wont give my mom any money or even the car keys to go out of the house without him.

As of now we dont's have any evidence recorded but i'll ask my mom to try and get some evidence bec i just got out of the house 2 days ago bec i can not live with him anymore

i feel scared bec my mom is left alone in that house with him

i'm not sure about that but he refuses to go back to canada for some reason. he said that he just dont want to see his family anymore

he didnt allowed my mom t work for 10 yrs and now he wants my mom to cut all ties with her family including me and just stay at home for him

because he keeps on attacking me verbally and i nearly committed suicide because of how he treats me. i live now here at the hotel where i work but my mom is still there

my mom wants to leave but she can not bec he is holding the joint account bank card that they have

we live in kep cambodia
"

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Canadian Expat Accused by Stepdaughter of Locking Up His Filipina Wife in Kep, Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Try contacting Cambodian Women's Crisis Centre. Unfortunately, they do not have an office near Kep, but they may have contacts in the area who can help you. They will probably also have a Facebook page.
http://www.cwcc.org.kh/
http://www.cwcc.org.kh/?page_id=49
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Canadian Expat Accused by Stepdaughter of Locking Up His Filipina Wife in Kep, Cambodia

Post by that genius »

It seems to be lock up your spouse or girlfriend season.

At least this guy isn't demanding sex from other family members or allegedly cutting them up.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

that genius wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:39 pm It seems to be lock up your spouse or girlfriend season.

At least this guy isn't demanding sex from other family members or allegedly cutting them up.
No, but...
because he keeps on attacking me verbally and i nearly committed suicide because of how he treats me.
And now she has moved out and feels that her mother is unsafe. :voilent1:

IMO she should contact the Women's Refuge - they will provide better help and info than we can.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

wtf another daughter / mom in trouble??
why would she wrote CEO? rather than go to the police or her embassy??
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I think you should post a copy of your work permit on CEO just to prove that you are working here in Cambodia, and not in Nigeria. Also a copy of your mothers Cambodian drivers licence, this will prove that your mother is capable of driving the big Lexus car that your stepfather owns.

As for the verbal abuse,, if he is saying words like '' lazy ,' '' lying'' or sceaming, I would not class that as abuse unless he added a F in front and bit@# after it.

Most members her know exactly how you feel about your situation and we will try to help you any way possible to rip this guy off for every penny he has.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Is verbal abuse a criminal offence in Cambodia? I'm guessing not.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

General Mackevili wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:48 pm Is verbal abuse a criminal offence in Cambodia? I'm guessing not.
It could be under the defamation laws, "Defamation shall mean any allegation or charge made in bad faith which tends to injure the honor or reputation of an individual or organization". Article 305 states that a charge need only to tend to harm reputation or honor. Of course this is irrelevant unless the injured party is prepared to pay thousands in fees.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
username
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by username »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:01 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:48 pm Is verbal abuse a criminal offence in Cambodia? I'm guessing not.
It could be under the defamation laws, "Defamation shall mean any allegation or charge made in bad faith which tends to injure the honor or reputation of an individual or organization". Article 305 states that a charge need only to tend to harm reputation or honor. Of course this is irrelevant unless the injured party is prepared to pay thousands in fees.
I can't see how that law can be used for verbal abuse inside the four walls of their private house, though.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

username wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:16 pm
John Bingham wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:01 pm
I can't see how that law can be used for verbal abuse inside the four walls of their private house, though.
Can if it is said in front of someone else, because that makes it public. if mum can get out the house she can clear out the joint bank account at the counter.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic