Health insurance

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Re: Health insurance

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Update -

Their underwriters have re-evaluated my application (with the correct answers) and decided I'm eligible for coverage with no exclusions i.e. the changed answers made no difference. :)

Whew... I was half expecting them to write back saying either: I was excluded for 'cancer coverage', or my premium would be more (with some of the other quotes I got, the insurers increase the premiums by 15% for smokers).
You could be next.
shlomo
Expatriate
Barbados

Post by shlomo »

Don't think I saw A+ mentioned in this thread.

Anyone signed on with them and care to give a testimonial? I've heard good things and is the outfit I've been considering.

https://aplusii.com
james1234
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by james1234 »

Dear all,

Has a quote from A+
Cover only asia
Plan selected:Essential
Deductible:1,350
Sub-total:1,606 USD per year - also pretty expensive :evil:

I had finally an offer from Previor (cambodian Insurance): They do only cambodian nationals! Premium only 160,00 a year, but Insurance is very poor.
Major surgary - 2100, death by accident or handicapt 5000, ambulance 80, hospital 160 and more of these low coverages.
So will not take this for my girlfriend, if something happens I can pay hospital myself.

For me, polititians, banks and Insurance companies are the biggest thieves in this world. One of the reasons I want to move to cambodia (apart from beautiful women, food, sun and temperature :D )
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

james1234 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:15 pm Dear all,

Has a quote from A+
Cover only asia
Plan selected:Essential
Deductible:1,350
Sub-total:1,606 USD per year - also pretty expensive :evil:

I had finally an offer from Previor (cambodian Insurance): They do only cambodian nationals! Premium only 160,00 a year, but Insurance is very poor.
Major surgary - 2100, death by accident or handicapt 5000, ambulance 80, hospital 160 and more of these low coverages.
So will not take this for my girlfriend, if something happens I can pay hospital myself.

For me, polititians, banks and Insurance companies are the biggest thieves in this world. One of the reasons I want to move to cambodia (apart from beautiful women, food, sun and temperature :D )
Your forgot lawyers and accountants and tax collectors
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic