Australian JAMES BERNARD KING Arrested in Sihanoukville For Locking Up Family & Demanding Sex From Sister & Niece

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
paparazzi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Australian JAMES BERNARD KING Arrested in Sihanoukville For Locking Up Family & Demanding Sex From Sister & Niece

Post by paparazzi »

Has this woman any history of mental instability or associated domestic violence?

Has James any hospital record of injury as a result of domestic violence?

These are the questions needed to be asked under cross examination!

Why is her testomy so easily accepted before the court examines the evidence from both sides?
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Australian JAMES BERNARD KING Arrested in Sihanoukville For Locking Up Family & Demanding Sex From Sister & Niece

Post by cptrelentless »

paparazzi wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:45 pm Has this woman any history of mental instability or associated domestic violence?

Why is her testomy so easily accepted before the court examines the evidence from both sides?
Er, because he confessed?
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

cptrelentless wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:51 pm
paparazzi wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:45 pm Has this woman any history of mental instability or associated domestic violence?

Er, because he confessed?
So his defence is "moment of confusion" or "dementia" or under the influence. However, maybe he's a canny old fuck and put his hands up to the lesser charge just to get the sex crimes dropped. Dun dun dun!
imiss.you
Tourist
Cambodia

Re: SHV: Aussie KING JAMES BERNARD (70yo) locked in 6 ppl while demanding for sex with two

Post by imiss.you »

SmartAston Martin wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:07 pm
Borum-Ex frm TOForum wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:50 pm Google Translate:Police in Preah Sihanouk province have arrested an Australian citizen for allegedly confiscating illegally.
A competent court decided to remove the suspects and a total of 6 victims (five victims, "4 girls", 2 boys, "1 woman, 1 male") to the provincial police commission.

+ The victim, Yuka Srey, 38, a resident of Village 2, Sangkat 3, Sihanoukville, accused her Australian boyfriend of locking her home, holding her home, holding her home, holding her two children and her niece out of the house, unless her sister and nephew (!!) agreed to have sex with him (the suspect) had locked the door open.

Source:
Right now, I hope I'm confused because of Google Translate. This is horrible, if true and truly translated.

My number count is wrong. How many victims, plus 1 suspect?
And I see niece and nephew, I don't know if those were mistranslated or what.

Just false imprisonment? Plus verbal assault (threatening)?
Or serious intent to rape both gf's sister and, wait for it, nephew(?!), what?

Anyway, rape is rape, false threats still bad, and false imprisonment is bad.

Can anyone explain this guys innocence in any way? Right now I'm shocked by the bad translation.

He is guilty of the following, at the least:

- being a SHK resident (worse than Florida, haha),
- being an Australian (haha),
- being unmarried to the family.
6 victims (4girls 2children 1boy 1girl)
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

Ok, "false imprisonment" or whatever it is here: GUILTY.

Terrible sin, for longer than 1-2 days? Nah.

Scary, maybe, but real suffering?

Did he deny them anything, besides passage out?

Did he beat them?

They went to bathroom and presumsbly got food and drink?

With this info up to today, I only believe in a short, brief time in detention just to separate them to allow cooler minds to prevail.

I think he could've gotten off with a small fine and lawyer's fee, if he had just called Saul Goodman or Gavin Mac first. "Better call Saul! It's all good, man!"

That's why I'm always nice to lawyers, and we should be nice to our resident barrister, even if we jibe him now and again. Always be good to your legal eagle gunslingers.

How long's the perp in for?

DID HE OR DID HE NOT DEMAND SEX from the others (all adults)? Incontrovertible proof of that? I don't need to hear some junior sister's or junior niece's parroting of an obvious ring leader.

As a decorated veteran, he will inevitably have to face his peers, who WILL judge him. God help him if he crossed the line.

If he just bla-bla'd, and locked his live-in family inside over some domestic squabble for 10 hours or 1-2 days (?!), he's troubled and needs help, not necessarily punishment.

Separation with them would ensure no future problems. He must never lock them up again, he will need supervision if he stays with them.

IF and ONLY IF he did threaten and demanded sex, and locked them up, then he tried to do a Harvey Weinstein and deserves the same castigation. But something in that DOES NOT add up.

I don't believe children were directly threatened or hurt.

Terrible wrongs could happen here, but CAN be prevented: his eventual suicide, harm to the ex- and family, sexual predation, irrevocable damage to his name, reputation, and his family's.

He did serve honorably earlier but that does NOT clear him entirely. Even decorated vets make emotional mistakes, usually in DV (domestic violence) cases like these.

Clean it up! Make amends, ensure it doesn't happen again, and walk away.

And Khmer cops can be fine if you respect them ... Like all other cops around the world, they'll rail you if you disrespect them. They're just the middle men, really. They don't decide to take you in usually. They are a symptom, not a root cause.
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
dangermousetherapy
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by dangermousetherapy »

I just bumped into this guy in Kep. He has been released without charge and has been given his passport back. He also seems to have made up with his partner. Sounds like a domestic dispute blown out of hand. He is instructing a solicitor at home to see if he can sue the papers who ran the story. I have spent a lot of time in Cambodia and can generally spot the creepy pedo types a mile off and this guy definitely does not seem like one of them. It is scary how you can end up in the papers just for being accused of something, could happen to anybody.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

dangermousetherapy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:42 am It is scary how you can end up in the papers just for being accused of something, could happen to anybody.
Hi dangermousetherapy.

You're right, it could happen to anyone. However, foreigners can reduce the chances of it happening to them personally by not locking people up.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

He has been released and charges dropped, apparently with an apology.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

LaudJohn wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:52 pm He has been released and charges dropped, apparently with an apology.
I think I saw one Facebook that he wrote a rambling poem about it.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Cam Nivag wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:54 pm
LaudJohn wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:52 pm He has been released and charges dropped, apparently with an apology.
I think I saw one Facebook that he wrote a rambling poem about it.
Wasn't that an Irish guy and his local lady who was caught with ice in Sihanoukville? Or are all these guys getting into poetry now?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic