Fireworks - Where to buy?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Rojo
Tourist

Fireworks - Where to buy?

Post by Rojo »

Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to picking some up. I had a local buy 30 rockets for me 2 years ago, but I'm not sure where he got them. I have an inkling it was actually in Kampong Speu. Is it possible in Phnom Penh?

I'll be on a remote island with a few people, so no need to worry about implications (except that these things are rather dodgy and last time about 5 fell back to where we were standing and then exploded).

Cheers for any help,
Rob.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Fireworks - Where to buy?

Post by Barang chgout »

There's a shop on Sinville, near the lights above the psar, on the right. Sells beer/drinks etc. Used to be the place every seller on the beach bought from...

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I thought fireworks were now illegal .
Spoiler:
along with flying drones
Having them [ fireworks = explosives ] would be a good reason to keep a barang in custody for months at a time while they investigate and seek further evidence.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Rojo
Tourist

Post by Rojo »

Thanks guys. I think it's becoming unlikely that I'll find them here or have time.

I know they were made illegal in Sihanoukville about 6 months ago, but not with super harsh penalties from what I've read. I'll be in the Koh Kong province and there won't be anyone around really where I am, but I guess I would have to keep them wrapped up on the bus...and away from anything hot :)

Thanks.
Rob.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Not sure if you area aware of the terrible effect fireworks have on dogs/cats/wildlife (unfortunately bogans seem to enjoy them)
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Rojo wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:36 am Thanks guys. I think it's becoming unlikely that I'll find them here or have time.

I know they were made illegal in Sihanoukville about 6 months ago, but not with super harsh penalties from what I've read. I'll be in the Koh Kong province and there won't be anyone around really where I am, but I guess I would have to keep them wrapped up on the bus...and away from anything hot :)

Thanks.
Rob.
Fireworks going off tonight in SHV - looks like a private party. It's not at all discreet so I don't know if they are illegal for everyone or only for the beach. (Read, for the plebs.)
That said, haven't seen kids playing with fire-crackers for ages now. That's a plus.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

that genius wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:25 pm Not sure if you area aware of the terrible effect fireworks have on dogs/cats/wildlife (unfortunately bogans seem to enjoy them)
Not sure if you are aware of the terrible effect dogs/cats/wildlife have on people. if the dogs and cats in my street would stop howling long enough to let me sleep I might not feel inclined to stick a rocket up there arses.
Cats and dogs both have a devastating effect on wildlife too, but in that case is usually because they eat anything they can get their paws on, rather than keeping gekkos awake at night
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Ha! Agree re noisy dogs and cats, but you're going to set off fireworks, which are pretty noisy...
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

There's a shop near my house that sells them, especially around CNY.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

I've seen remorques jam packed with those rolls of firecrackers around Orussey. Basically a huge bomb. Anyway, Orussey would be a good place to start your search. Get a bus company to transport them for you perhaps?

This is the address and location of that place in Kampong Spew.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic