Why did the lawyer have a gun ?

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Why did the lawyer have a gun ?

Post by cptrelentless » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:25 pm

John Bingham wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:16 pm
cptrelentless wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:09 pm
It's $3500 to get a pistol and a licence.
Where's the shop?
I guess you just buy it off the cops. Whilst I was out of the country my wife got into some bother so I told her to get a handgun. That was the price quoted for it to be legal. I assume it's a "surplus" type 54.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Why did the lawyer have a gun ?

Post by PSD-Kiwi » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:02 pm

It is illegal...no matter how much and who you pay. Not worth the risk, especially if you’re a foreigner.
Equipping, possession, carrying, use, purchase, sale, trading, loan, transfer, rental, production, fabrication, repair, transportation, transit, import, export and stockpiling of weapons, explosives and ammunition of all its aspects by the civilian population are prohibited in the Kingdom of Cambodia.
http://www.vertic.org/media/National%20 ... apons.pdf
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic