Merrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry Christmas!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
batshitcrazyweirdo
Expatriate
Trinidad & Tobago

Re: Merrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry Christmas!

Post by batshitcrazyweirdo »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:45 pm
batshitcrazyweirdo wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:15 pm Well, was going to post a coupla youtubes since 440 is out of order, but don't know how. Oh well, a happy holiday to all and a great new year for special thangs!
BSCW ....

=BOSS
Emmm, errrrrrrrrrr, I was checkin a coupla times bkk. I thought you was gonna trap a Jap! You ain't boss.

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

yep looks like they been attacked again
or maybe just a shit host or VPS or so.
i thought they had a sysadmin whose name i dare not mention here.
or maybe that is the one the SHOULD have, but don't.
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

Not so raunchy with the twerking ...

Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

frank lee bent wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:00 pm
yep looks like they been attacked again
or maybe just a shit host or VPS or so.
i thought they had a sysadmin whose name i dare not mention here.
or maybe that is the one the SHOULD have, but don't.
If your site goes down a couple of times, it's bad luck, however if it goes down more than 50 times someone really is out to get you :D

Anyway Merry Christmas everyone and apologies for the following video! :plus1: :beer:

Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

I'm a cunt and I know it but fuck your poxy assed, crazy fuckin religious shit. That shit just fucks people up.
Happy solstice.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

all hail santa!
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

frank lee bent wrote:all hail santa!
Can't be bothered finding it but Arlo Guthrie did a nice song about Santa..... " What's in the pipe that He's smoking? "..

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

Don't call me a troll, but my hypothesis is, Santa is of course not really about Christ, Santa has many characteristics of Odin / Wodan that many don't know about. This amalgamation of beliefs, or syncretism, occurred during the early Christianization of Germanic peoples and the Norse.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus

"Some maintain Santa Claus also absorbed elements of the Germanic god Wodan, who was associated with the pagan midwinter event of Yule and led the Wild Hunt, a ghostly procession through the sky."

When the early 1st millenium European Christians forced the Vikings of old to give up their polytheistic pantheon of Old Norse gods (think Normans and Ye Olde Germans, to start) for the new religion, for "The Nailed One", the peace agreement left some pagan holidays in the calendar, like vestiges of an old empire.

Think about it! Christ never cut down an evergreen spruce and stuck it in his house! Norsemen did, however ...

And Christ never had REINDEER, dude! Or a SLED. Norsemen did, however ...

And this last point refers directly to Old Odin - sneaking into houses by CHIMNEY to visit his progeny - his "illegitimate"children, yet still his very own. This takes a bit a backstory.

Old Odin would disguise himself and visit the town incognito (see why below - Frigga). He would very often seduce some lovely ladies - partnered yet or not, and often father a child with those many young women, much to the consternation of his nagging wife, Frigga. Angry Frigga. Hence the subterfuge.

Back then, raising a mixed family was no problem in Viking culture - husbands often died, young moms remarried and "step children" were treated just like family. And it was an honor to raise your chieftain's brood as your own.

But one couldn't openly galivant around, even mighty Odin, though everyone knew Old One Eye had his noncturnal emissions. Frigga, his fiery wife, openly forbade it and worked against any rivals to her legitimate maternity. She was undoubtedly the strong-willed daughter of an older, fiery chieftain.

Hence Wodan's secrecy, the insertion via chimney at night, when all were asleep, the secret presents left at night in stockings over the fireplace. All signs of Norsemen culture.

"T'was the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse."

He couldn't stay, they were his illegitimate love-childs, but he could give them presents every year at Yule, the midwinter festival held at winter's solstice.

Fun story, huh? Them Viking kings were wild, and their women, fiery!
Last edited by SmartAston Martin on Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

batshitcrazyweirdo
Expatriate
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by batshitcrazyweirdo »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic