It's Cold ! Weather reports in the media.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

It's Cold ! Weather reports in the media.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

20 December 2017
Various reports in the media of the exceptionally cold weather today.

(Phnom Penh): The Ministry of Water Resources and Meteorology today presented a list of the minimum temperatures in the capital and provinces, showing that Rattanakiri and Mondulkiri were the lowest temperatures to 12 and 13.8 degrees C, while Kampot and Kep were 20.3 and 20 degrees.
rasmeinews

Cold snap could stick around until Friday
20 December 2017
Officials warned yesterday that the current cold snap would last until Friday, as Prime Minister HE called on military officers to look after the health of their soldiers.

Nen Kuon, director of Oddar Meanchey province’s Water Resources and Meteorology Department, said that in areas of his province, the temperature dropped as low as 11.5 degrees Celsius.
The premier this morning reminded citizens to take care of their health, especially soldiers stationed at the border.
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/c ... til-friday

Temperatures plummet as cold snap hits
The Ministry of Water Resources and Meteorology has issued a second warning that temperatures in some provinces could drop as low as 13 degrees Celsius this week.
The previous announcement last week predicted temperatures of 17 or 18 degrees Celsius.
The Dangrek Mountain area on the border with Thailand will be worst hit by the cold snap, which is caused by a high pressure system coming from China.
Temperatures of about 15 degrees Celsius are expected until at least Friday in Stung Treng, Ratanakkiri, Mondulkiri, Preah Vihear, Oddar Meanchey and Pailin provinces.
Pursat, Battambang, Siem Reap, Banteay Meanchey and Koh Kong provinces will meanwhile see temperatures of between 17 and 18 degrees Celsius.
“In other provinces, the temperature will be about 19 to 20 degree Celsius, except in Kep, Kampot and Preah Sihanouk, which will not be so cold,” the statement said.
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/5096477/tem ... snap-hits/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: It's Cold ! Weather reports in the media.

Post by timmydownawell »

It wasn't this cold last year. Is this normal?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
username
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by username »

Was around 12 degrees yesterday morning in Kirirom. It smelled just like home
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

timmydownawell wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:15 pm It wasn't this cold last year. Is this normal?
You're right. It wasn't this cold last year.

As for normal, I'd say Yes. Mid December to mid January can have chilly weather like this.
In fact, it was so cold yesterday that I had to put a t-shirt on.
Today I have a wooly jacket on like the locals. :facepalm:
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

It's 20 in Koh Kong now. And it feels cold.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:30 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:15 pm It wasn't this cold last year. Is this normal?
You're right. It wasn't this cold last year.

As for normal, I'd say Yes. Mid December to mid January can have chilly weather like this.
In fact, it was so cold yesterday that I had to put a t-shirt on.
Today I have a wooly jacket on like the locals. :facepalm:
Yeah the locals all have their jackets/hoodies and beanies on. First time I have worn jeans in a while! Only my second winter so I assumed the high 20s like last year was the norm. Bugger.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

There may be fallout from this tropical storm as well. There are strong winds on the Cambodian coast and the islands at present.
TROPICAL STORM ‘KAITAK’
Storm map Pattaya One, 20 December
Rains are also possible as a result of tropical storm Kaitak, which as of 10am on Dec 20 was moving toward Malaysia and the lower South of Thailand with maximum sustained wind of 65 kilometres per hour. It was moving in the west-southwest direction at a speed of 15km/hour.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Last 3 mornings. 10 degrees, 11 degrees, 11 degrees.
Sounds lovely and warm in Oddar Meanchay!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

been blowing a gale here in Kampot for 5 days now.
my bees can't even fly in it
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Yep! Howling, icy fuckin Northerly!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic