Home Insurance

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Home Insurance

Post by whiteribbon »

pczz wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:43 am Askeda few companies last year. Cannot remember which ones but the best would only cover brick buildings for fire and there was a $1000 deductible for theft
Theft is not included in my policy since I have over 10 guard dogs (they probably costs me more then proper burglary insurance though), so the 0,1% with $500 deductible is only for fire and perils.
just noise, white noise
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

whiteribbon wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:09 pm
pczz wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:43 am Askeda few companies last year. Cannot remember which ones but the best would only cover brick buildings for fire and there was a $1000 deductible for theft
Theft is not included in my policy since I have over 10 guard dogs (they probably costs me more then proper burglary insurance though), so the 0,1% with $500 deductible is only for fire and perils.
Better insure your dogs. Dog poisoning by thiefs is common (and by me if they are next door and bark a lot!)
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

pczz wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:04 pm
Better insure your dogs. Dog poisoning by thiefs is common (and by me if they are next door and bark a lot!)
It'll probably cost them more in poison for 10 dogs than the amount they would be able to rob here. Think they know not many foreigners keep big amounts of cash at home unlike some khmer people.
just noise, white noise
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

whiteribbon wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:34 pm
pczz wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:04 pm
It'll probably cost them more in poison for 10 dogs than the amount they would be able to rob here. Think they know not many foreigners keep big amounts of cash at home unlike some khmer people.
in which case they are probably costing you more in dog food and vet bills than what they are protecting 8) You do have to be careful though. I knew one guy had dogs and neighbours dog came onto his land and got torn to pieces. he had to pay compensation
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic