Backpackers in pp?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
superferret
Expatriate
Albania

Re: Backpackers in pp?

Post by superferret »

OP asked for a place while he's looking for an apartment, but he did not say what he thinks is cheap and whether he wants dorms or private rooms.
Anyway, OP, just go there get a room and see for yourself, you don't need any recommendations, just walk in and take your pick.
Avoid the White River guest houses, those places are run by some disgusting and dishonest people. I won't go into detail here, google it.
VirgilCane
Tourist
South Africa

Post by VirgilCane »

Peter wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:17 am I arrived a week ago and i found a nice appartment within 3 days, its rly easy here, if you need i can pm you a phone number of a real estate guy who helped me to find a decent place for a good price. He doesnt charge anything, just tell him what you looking for, like size and price aso. and he show you some places.
Hey peter, please pm me the number of that agent.

Thanks
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

VirgilCane wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:59 am Hi all

Im moving to pp at the end of march and wanted to know if anyone could suggest a cheap but liveable backpackers in pp while I'm gettig set up( looking for apartment, work, etc.)

Thanks in advance.
Hostels in PP are pretty much filled with weird old dudes, soap dodgers, hippy wankers and snobby western women in elephant pants.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

been flat hunting today. Lots of 1 bed with fitness room around in Toul kok and Russian market for $400, Studios bkk2 and Russian market around $300. Prices are starting to fall with all the new apartments coming on. The bubble is bursting. think you would be mad to go in a hostel. most of them are boutique now and cost more than a guest house. In March its near end of season so a decent guest house should be around $10-15. Even some hotels will do $400 a month with aircon for long stay. If you don't wanna cook that's a better option. no electric bills, free cleaning and sheets changed
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Mekong Gardens from $500+ /month - gym/sauna/pool/ full service etc

http://www.mekong-gardens.com/index.php?page=pro
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic