Can anyone tell me what’s changed sending money via banks to here from USA ?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
LinDa777
Expatriate
Cambodia

Can anyone tell me what’s changed sending money via banks to here from USA ?

Post by LinDa777 »

In the past I’ve had funds sent direct to my Anz account here from my business partners in USA, this morning I’m told there are new rules and it’s not able to be done as before.
Has anyone else had this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Can anyone tell me what’s changed sending money via banks to here from USA ?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Have you tried asking the banks involved for more details?
LinDa777
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Can anyone tell me what’s changed sending money via banks to here from USA ?

Post by LinDa777 »

I’ve just heard this morning and I have to go through someone else before I can get details. It’s related to sending into Cambodian bank, still get payments to my Aussie account as per normal, that’s why I wanted to know anyone here have same thing at some point.
It could be something to do with business sending money to Cambodia rather than personal accounts.

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Rule 1,, If you have a problem dont talk to the cleaning lady and expect her to solve it. Go back and ask for the supervisor or someone higher up and ask for a copy of the new rules in writing so you can give them to your lawyer.

Dont be fobbed off, stand at the counter untill it happens whether it's one hour or two.

The thing I have learnt from Asians is ,, if time is on your side then your have more chances of winning.

https://www.google.com.kh/url?sa=t&rct= ... a2ZR7RMj5G
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
LinDa777
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LinDa777 »

Duncan it’s my people in USA having some problems, it will take me a day or two to find out the exact issues so thought I would ask here, guys from USA here have money transfers I was guessing.
It’s not a problem really for me, means I have to exchange US$ into AU$ then back to US$ to send here.

jmagic
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jmagic »

Does the bank already have your social/Tax ID number?
My bank recently demanded I supply mine.
Imposter555
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Imposter555 »

thanks for this info
sounds like more Trump dummy spitting.
may have to use my thai accounts instead. was going to look at my cambo accounts but wont bother as they would have to send usd thru the barbarian states.
you have a business, how cute
LinDa777
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LinDa777 »

jmagic if you mean the sender in USA yes they would have their tax number.
Since it’s not got to the actual sending stage it’s something to do with coming into Cambodian account.

Imposter555, I’m not sure yet what’s the issue, was wondering if anyone here has had similar problems.
I don’t know how cute it is, either an employer or a business is needed for my living expenses and I don’t like going to work on a regular basis.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic