A Close Call

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: A Close Call

Post by Kuroneko »

Ronny wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:33 am
I'm assuming you have a car or truck then? If so, that changes everything completely. Damn it I miss my truck. Left it in Thailand and gave it to my son.
No I ride a small moto. I had a Hilux back in the '90's for work, but I used my bike for going out at night. Until fairly recently I would be in town on my moto nearly every night, but would head home around 11pm. I now get out only a couple of times a week and that has been mainly owing to the rain. The main problem I find now about driving in the city is the appalling traffic condition.
Ronny
BANNED

Post by Ronny »

Kuroneko wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:46 am
I'm assuming you have a car or truck then? If so, that changes everything completely. Damn it I miss my truck. Left it in Thailand and gave it to my son.
No I ride a small moto. I had a Hilux back in the '90's for work, but I used my bike for going out at night. Until fairly recently I would be in town on my moto nearly every night, but would head home around 11pm. I now get out only a couple of times a week and that has been mainly owing to the rain. The main problem I find now about driving in the city is the appalling traffic condition.
I'm almost 50 so I'm too old to be riding around on motos. You must be up there too so how do you do it?
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Indeed. People in their 40s are far too old to be riding motorcycles.
Ronny
BANNED

Post by Ronny »

prahocalypse now wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:17 pm Indeed. People in their 40s are far too old to be riding motorcycles.
555 nothing personal. It has more to do with me. I prefer vehicles of the 4 wheel variety. But boy oh boy are the cars and trucks expensive here. Even 20-year-old clunkers here are $4000 and up. Unbelievable.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Ronny wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:13 pm
I'm almost 50 so I'm too old to be riding around on motos. You must be up there too so how do you do it?
Gee I wish I was only 50, its a long long time since I was that young! :(
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Ronny wrote:
You What?
Almost 50, too old to ride a moto. Ffs. Really?
Got your headstone picked out yet?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i am scared to ride in PP and it is not because of my age.
i had a 45 minute commute for about 8 months and saw countless accidents.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

frank lee bent wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:04 pm i am scared to ride in PP and it is not because of my age.
i had a 45 minute commute for about 8 months and saw countless accidents.
I don't blame you. I have been riding motorbikes of all sorts for 50 years and riding in Phnom Penh for over 20. Over the last two years riding in Phnom Penh has got really frightening. I have driven all over the world and Phnom Penh today, is easily the scariest.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

If you really want scary, try riding a bicycle in this city
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

that genius wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:22 pm If you really want scary, try riding a bicycle in this city

Just try walking.. and that's scary.... I dare anyone to cross at the pedestrian crossing when you have the green light and traffic have the red light,,,, at the intersection of street 110 and Sisowath [ riverside ] by the Riverhouse.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic