Free cardboard boxes?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Free cardboard boxes?

Post by Anchor Moy »

SmartAston Martin wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:34 am
cautious colin wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:38 am
SmartAston Martin wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:23 pm A kid alone with an adult a big no-no, I must add. I never let kids follow me into a room alone, etc. Honestly, I think half the time it's a Michael Jacksonesque set up.
Which implies that Michael Jackson is not a nonce :?
Michael Jackson, IMHO, was set up after all his big hits, etc.

He obviously had trust issues with adults: they didn't love his music or dance, they just wanted his money. Problems with money and his own family. So he retreated to his work and mansions.

So I'm sure he took to kids like most people do: innocent and usually non-demanding. They probably offered him solace from the Music Industry's connivings and glory seekers.

Unfortunately, he could not protect himself from "opportunistic Moms with cute kids" - Moms "just looking out for her kids and all - trying to get a piece of the pie, like everyone else!" The lawyer money is "all for the kids", right.

I'm sure Michael Jackson did, however, entertain kids in his bed in his mansion, sure. Was there some incidental but improper contact? Most assuredly, if kids are innocent kids. Was it intentional by the overly skinny, anti-macho Michael Jackson? I think not.

Maybe his crime was to let it continue without some sort of legal protection: Mom's supervision, safeguarded safety video, etc. But I personally doubt he significantly or intentionally negatively impacted those children's lives by himself through physical impropriety. Doubt it.

REMOVING RACE FROM JUDGEMENTS
I feel I have to write this part. Note that I am discussing three hot button issues, but I feel race, sexual misconduct and pedophilia are probably very much unrelated.

This list is mostly for new or unapologetic Americans, bless their hearts. But ignorance is not an excuse against the law. Skip if you have a distaste for American popular culture.

So as to defuse the race issue, note the following incomplete list of "notable adult males with large libidos and no record of pedophilia (I must add)":

- Matt Lauer
- All them TV anchors and hosts (2-3 big white ones, now? 1 small black anchor now?)
- The Harv
- Brad Pitt (He's male and human. Forgive him.)
- Charlie Sheen (kinda normal for a Hollywood guy, IMHO)
- Errol Flynn (classic!)
- Tiger Woods (Gentleman sport, ungentlemanly behavior ...)
- Crosby (I hope he is judged like all the others during his time, irrespective of race)
- Eddie Murphy (granted, I think he stopped after the transsexual, but almost went gay afterwards in his movies??)
- Hugh Grant
- Al Franken now? No sh!t! Haha.

Note, I did NOT include the late great Hugh Hefner, because he was open about his amorous inclinations.

It's a confusing world we live in, but we shouldn't lose our common sense. Boys will be boys, and an excess of money is dangerous and will eventually bring evil. Period.
@ SAM Enough. Can we cut the pedophile apologies ? They are not wanted here. Why do you post such tripe ?
(Yeah I know, so mugs like me react and then you feel like you're important because 1 person read your post. FWIW I stopped reading when you got into bed with MJ and the children. You're not only a troll, you're a sick fk.)
I'm sure there are websites and forums better suited to your tastes. :o

Now piss off.
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

Anchor Moy,

You've crossed the line. I am definitely not an apologist. I should laugh but you annoy me. You're the troll accusing troll. You're a Master Baiter, Anchor Moy!

And now you're creeping me out, Anchor Moy / Glass of Red Wine to Fend of Dementia. I saw your post:

FENDING OFF DEMENTIA - by Anchor Moy in 2015
topic6355.html

Are you demented, Anchor Moy?

Drink more to fend off dementia? Really?

Tell us if you've been drinking now. Then maybe we'll forgive you, Anchor Moy.
Last edited by SmartAston Martin on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Gotta agree with Anchor Moy here.

Do we really need all that bollocks when we're talking about 'Cardboard Boxes'.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

@ SAM You cant have it both ways. Either you believe what you posted - that MJ getting into bed naked with kids is ok, as you said, boys will be boys etc - or you are trolling for reactions. Apologist or troll ? Up to you.
End of.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Are you demented, Anchor Moy?

Drink more to fend off dementia? Really?

Tell us if you've been drinking now. Then maybe we'll forgive you, Anchor Moy.
take a day off to think about it and curb the name calling in future.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Dangerous Dave wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:15 am Just in case this is germane, I don't mind being taken for a nonce;
Hey Dave, for the record I don't think you are a nonce. The kids seem like they are from a western background and look like they just like to chat, with there family working all the time they are probably happy for some company

Michael Jackson on the other hand...
SmartAston Martin wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:34 am
cautious colin wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:38 am
SmartAston Martin wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:23 pm A kid alone with an adult a big no-no, I must add. I never let kids follow me into a room alone, etc. Honestly, I think half the time it's a Michael Jacksonesque set up.
Which implies that Michael Jackson is not a nonce :?
I'm sure Michael Jackson did, however, entertain kids in his bed in his mansion, sure.
SmartAston Martin - that part was all you really needed to say
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

"notice the bottom of the pot dried out rice drying in the sun everywhere?"

Always wondered about that rice, what's it used for generally?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

pig and chicken food. they mill it up as pellet ingredient or use as is
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

frank lee bent wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:30 pm pig and chicken food. they mill it up as pellet ingredient or use as is
But! The poorer eat it themselves. Or even some like it that way.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

I'm glad no one believed the B.S. posted earlier. Water off a duck's back.

For the record, I am not any kid of apologist, and I suggest not getting caught up with any kids. I really do dislike insinuations otherwise, thank you.

If I hit on hot button issues, like I warned earlier, it's because I'm in control of my emotions when I try to discuss them. I hope a couple of you posters can do the same. I am not a troll.

As far as the distant topic about Michael Jackson, he has never been convicted, and never slept without clothes with children, AFAIK. Seems like a Peter Pan issue to me, not normal behavior. But it appears certain UK-based publications use very aggressive language against him, while American have always used words like alleged or accused, etc.

So, I can't really blame you for swallowing their emotional abuse and becoming emotional yourselves. Fair enough. I think kids are important, too.

I've had my say, and I'd really appreciate the insinuations, word-twisting, exaggerating, and general fake B.S. to stop. I'm done, thanks, and now, back to reality ...
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic