Illegal plantation of 12,000 marijuana plants discovered in Takeo

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Re: Illegal plantation of 12,000 marijuana plants discovered in Takeo

Post by Captain Bonez »

Koh Kong Province Police in Khemara Phoumint City, Koh Kong province, on Feb. 12, 2018 have destroyed the crops that people harvested at home in Prek Svay village, Stung Veng district, Kompong Rum town. Heng Leang, the police chief of Khemarak Phoumint, said that in this operation, police culled nearly 40 marijuana crops and detained two men and questioned at the municipal police inspectorate.
He said that after questioning and education, the cops gave them a contract to stop planting activities and released them back home, but in the latter case, the police would have to file a case to the court to punish them according to the law.
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SmartAston Martin »

What'd you get in the West for that, in a restricted state?

A few years? Year and a half on good behavior? Lose all your business, maybe your wife, your dog, and she sold the truck?

Here? "Sign this, don't do it again, we got the goods on ya'. Some serious words, everyone knows about you now, and good bye."

THAT'S IT?!

Man, this Buddhist common sense thing ... I guess they don't come down hard on poor farmers.
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

SmartAston Martin wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:56 pm What'd you get in the West for that, in a restricted state?

A few years? Year and a half on good behavior? Lose all your business, maybe your wife, your dog, and she sold the truck?
That's all possible here too, it just seems that these were poor peasants without a pot to piss in. Blood out of stone etc.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
tonetone420
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by tonetone420 »

Such a shame, such a shame. Glad to be back home in a legal state right now!
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

More marijuana plants destroyed
12 March 2018
Police in Takeo province on Saturday continued a crackdown on illegal marijuana plantations, discovering and destroying nearly 1,200 plants in Kirivong district, bringing the total destroyed by police this year to about 56,000.

Yang Dara, deputy district police chief, said yesterday that his officers were following orders from provincial police on Saturday when they found and destroyed 1,139 plants in seven different locations in Preah Bat Choanchum commune.

“When we found the plants, we took action immediately and burned them at the scene,” he said. “Someone had planted them illegally along the mountainside, and thought that we would not find out, but we found them.”
Mr Dara said the owners of the plants remained unknown and that police were continuing to investigate the case.

According to a Takeo provincial police report, officers have destroyed nearly 56,000 marijuana plants so far this year and made one arrest, sending Keo Phu, 18, to court over the transport of 10 kilos of marijuana in January.
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/50113501/mo ... destroyed/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

Soon nothing to smoke in this country !
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Tackling Takeo's illegal cultivation.
(To be continued.)

2 May 2018
TAKEO - Speaking before the board of governors and officials in charge of the provincial administration attended the provincial council meeting, the provincial councilor expressed his concerns about the illegal cultivation of illegal marijuana on the Ba Hang Yang Ridge, and in the Kirivong district.
Provincial councilors have affirmed that "the issue of marijuana has had a profound effect on the face of Takeo province. Therefore, the provincial authorities should consult with each other to seek solutions through the co-ordinated action to crack down on the whole province. If we can not crack down on illegally harvesting marijuana, it will cause criticism from the people, and it will also create traffic in cannabis in the country and abroad."

Ouch Poe, governor of Takeo province, responded to the suggestion of the provincial councilors and acknowledged that the problem had been that the authorities had indeed cracked down several times, but not everywhere. "Because of the geographical complexity, because of the high mountains, the deep valleys, there are forests everywhere, and some growers are planting on the slopes and some planting on the mountains," said the provincial governor.

The provincial governor vowed, "However, as the chair of the provincial unification commission, we will make every effort to crack down on illegal harvesting of illegal marijuana and we will educate the people who are living in the mountains not to illegally plant this crop.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

What are we going to smoke ?1
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

cannabistourist wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 11:08 pm What are we going to smoke ?1
What do you mean ‘we’, Paleface?
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
finbar
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by finbar »

illegal cultivation of illegal marijuana
I think they mean 'unsanctioned cultivation'.
-
Per ardua, ad stercus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic