Chemical fumes suspected as more than 100 workers faint

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Chemical fumes suspected as more than 100 workers faint

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

100 garment factory workers in mass fainting spell
6 December 2017
More than 100 workers at the JD Toyoma garment factory in Takeo province’s Bati district fainted on Wednesday morning during their working hour.
Police said that they suspected the cause of the mass fainting to be from the smell of fumes from chemicals used in the factory.

Mr Ngann Sari, the district police chief, told Khmer Times this morning that the fainting spell started with just a few workers and then the other workers in the workplace started fainting continuously until more 100 cases were recorded at the moment.

“The local authority, police and factory officials have sent them to health centers nearby for immediate treatment. No one is reported to be seriously ill,” he said.

Mr Sari said that a committee from the Labor Ministry and other related departments will come to inspect the factory this afternoon to find out the real causes of the mass fainting...
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/5094330/100 ... ing-spell/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Chemical fumes suspected as more than 100 workers faint

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Factory owners to face sanctions for mass faintings
8 December 2017
The Minister of Labour yesterday warned factory owners around the country that they would face legal action if large groups of workers faint during working hours within their enterprises.

The warning followed the fainting of nearly 200 workers in Takeo province on Wednesday.

Ith Samheng said yesterday he would change work safety laws to make sure this does not keep happening.
“This is a problem we need to solve now. I want to ask all factories to take action to prevent this issue from happening again,” he said. “Some buyers I met wondered why many Cambodian workers faint in factories, while it rarely happens in other countries.”

Mr Samheng said that the Occupational Health and Safety Department of the Labour Ministry has to create a new law to battle fainting...
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/5094787/min ... faintings/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Imposter555
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Imposter555 »

"inspect the factory this afternoon to find out the real causes of the mass fainting..."

ok now that you have pressed me i will have to admit it... yes i was there on that day and smiled and waved at the girls.. there are you happy now.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Next time, please used deodorant. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic