Got a question, guys

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Got a question, guys

Post by phuketrichard »

Ronny wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:03 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:34 pm Is there an "EB" stamp on the visa that you got at the Poipet border? If you need clarification, feel free to confidentially send me a pic of the visa via private message.

I don't foresee you having any issues, as long as the visa issue date matches the entry stamp date.
Gotcha. But there's more. I just rechecked my passport and lo and behold, the first visa I got simply said "Business Visa (no EB to be found) and it was for 3 MONTHS! But on the top left corner someone stamped "used". And get this; on the next page there's another visa stamp that was for 1 month that didn't tell you what kind of visa it was at all! But thank goodness my last visa IS an EB Visa that I got from PP that is exactly the same type of visa my Filipina gf uses to teach English (valid for 3 months). Try not to laugh too hard, Kiwi. I lived in Thailand for years and totally knew the system but here I feel like an idiot right now because I have become one, lol. I just nothing comes of this.
But with a little charm and $85,
Boy they saw u coming a mile away :plus1:

YOU ONLY have one visa ( the first one) all others are extensions of stay, valid to be used within 3 months for a 1 month stay
u than seem to have gotten a 3 month EXTENSION of stay, when u leave its finished
than u need come back in with another 1 month Business ( ordinary) visa $35 ONLY

Not really much different than Thailand at all
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Ronny wrote:I just "hope" nothing comes of this...
Besides inconvenience of single entry visas, it seems your all good. The only thing that will come is being laughed at for being daft at the Poipet crossing xD
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Phuket Richard nailed it...you paid $85 for a VOA that only costs $35...live and learn. You definitely won't face any issues further down the track.

Next time tick the box that says E-type (Ordinary) visa on the VOA application form, hand that to the immigration officials with your pp, 1x pp sized pic and $35, it really is that simple.

At least 1 week prior to your VOA expiring, apply for an EOS through an agency.
Ronny
BANNED

Post by Ronny »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:34 pm Is there an "EB" stamp on the visa that you got at the Poipet border? If you need clarification, feel free to confidentially send me a pic of the visa via private message.

I don't foresee you having any issues, as long as the visa issue date matches the entry stamp date.
Will do, Kiwi. Thanks.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Ronny how much did you pay for your “girlfriend”. I might be coming over soon. Does one pay by the week, month? Does it work out cheaper than lots of short times?
cheers
Ronny
BANNED

Post by Ronny »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:52 am Ronny how much did you pay for your “girlfriend”. I might be coming over soon. Does one pay by the week, month? Does it work out cheaper than lots of short times?
cheers
Dude, what are you talking about? Why do you assume that all us expats are horny sleazebags just looking to get laid? I met my Filipina gf online and we were friends for months before I came here to meet her and we've been together 2 months now. My intention was only to meet her when I got here but she turned out to be the sweetest girl in the world. You see, buddy, I know how all this works. My girlfriend is 50 (1 year older than me) and her children are grown up and work and live in various countries. So I'm not some old creep looking for a gf half my age. Don't worry about me, chump, worry about yourself because it's naive, gullible chumps like you who end up getting screwed over by these girls and not me. As for Cambodian women, there's no way in hell I'd marry one.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

What's wrong with being some old creep with a gf half my age? Jelly much?
Traded in the 50 year old for a newer model. Couldn't be happier, fuck you very much.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Barang chgout wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:16 am What's wrong with being some old creep with a gf half my age? Jelly much?
Traded in the 50 year old for a newer model. Couldn't be happier, fuck you very much.

Old khmer women still are hot.
Ronny
BANNED

Post by Ronny »

Barang chgout wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:16 am What's wrong with being some old creep with a gf half my age? Jelly much?

Whatever rocks your boat, buddy. But I just couldn't date or marry a girl who would be about the same age as my daughter if I had one.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Sorry for you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic