Toxic sausage factory shut down (Photos)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Toxic sausage factory shut down (Photos)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Bon appetit to all our readers.

Kampong Speu - On the afternoon of 29 November 2017, 35 police officers and the Kampong Speu provincial court prosecutor raided the premises of an unlicensed sausage factory. Once inside the grounds, the police collected evidence of tainted or possibly toxic materials being used to manufacture the sausages.
Kampong Speu provincial police chief Sam Samoun said the materials confiscated included vats filled with congealing oils and intestines,and also drums of unidentified chemicals. The origin of these products is uncertain, but some are suspected of being imported from China where health and hygiene regulations are notoriously lax.
The owner of the factory, a Phnom Penh business man, is being sought by police for questioning.
The photos say it all.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nokorwatnews
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Toxic sausage factory shut down (Photos)

Post by bittermelon »

"suspected of being imported from China where health and hygiene regulations are notoriously lax."

says a Cambodian??
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I wonder how I remain fat given these types of stories.. i really ought to stop eating altogether
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

Like I Said already, things are very often high price, but often low quality in this country. I blame the CNRP. Looking forward to a better Cambodia.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Out back cambodia, FLB got his bee hive in the distance there
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Sausage case producer raided
1 December 2017
Authorities shut down a large sausage casing manufacturer in Kampong Speu province after discovering its owners had been operating illegally for two years and were using forbidden chemical substances.

Touch Yuthea, deputy secretary of counterfeit products at the Interior Ministry, said authorities first noticed the casings being sold in O’Russey Market several months ago. Lab tests detected the dangerous chemical formalin in the casings, according to Yuthea. Formalin is banned in Cambodia but still widely used as a preservative in many types of food.

Yuthea said months of investigation led police to the factory in Kampong Speu’s Odong district, where owner Ving Huy, 39, of Phnom Penh, was illegally importing pig and sheep intestines and turning them into sausage casings.

“We are still investigating where the intestines were imported from,” Yuthea said. “[The owners] said they add the forbidden chemical formalin and other acid when the imported product arrives, but we are preparing to send these samples to the lab to see the real result.”

Yuthea said the company did not have permission to import the materials or sell the casings and has been operating illegally for about two years.

Police are questioning Huy and another manager at the company, and are doing further testing on the products.

The General Commissariat of National Police said on its Facebook page that investigators found a few thousand barrels and roughly a thousand kilograms of sausage casings and other materials for production.
According to their post, some of the materials were imported from China, while some were domestic.
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/s ... cer-raided
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by chorlton »

why don't you eat meat they say.......

I did back home but here fuk no!
"Tolerance towards intolerance is cowardice"
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

Hmmmm, I wonder where the Meat Shop gets its casings from? At just shy of a dollar per sausage one would hope they were imported from the west.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

The meat shop has already posted on fb that their casings are home made and in no way connected....but perhaps you already know that and your post was just a way to get it mentioned here...sorry I am a cynic and a suspicious type.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Abc probably runs the shop on the other side.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic