Son of high official shoots DJ at Rock Entertainment Center, Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Son of high official shoots DJ at Rock Entertainment Center, Phnom Penh

Post by pczz »

that genius wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:34 pm If the DJ was playing Bieber, he should be released without charge.

Clinton's family and GWB's family were protected in Murika, Thatcher had her gun-running scum son Mark protected, Nutteryahoo is trying to block a corruption probe on him, Blair is protected from a War Crimes tribunal...come on
I am not a big fan of this sort of thing but I think Tony Blair had half an excuse. To an extent Saddam screwed himself by doing a very good job of making it look like he had the weapons and the western intelligence didn't investigate properly because they wanted him to have them. beware Mr Kin....
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

pczz wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:50 pm the western intelligence didn't investigate properly because they wanted him to have them. beware Mr Kin....
No, they were told not to investigate.

What are you smoking?

Where can I buy some?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Update: The chief suspect had done a runner to Thailand, but was returning of his own free will when arrested in Cambodia. And it seems that his plea will be that he didn't mean to hit the DJ, but the bullets accidentally ricocheted off the floor.

Fugitive nightclub gunman arrested
5 Jan 2018
The Oddar Meanchey provincial police arrested the man who allegedly firing the shots that seriously injured a DJ at the Rock Centre last November. He fled to Thailand. He was on his way back to Phnom Penh by bus when the police nabbed him in Sangkat Samraong.

Last November, Mr Sovannareth and two of his friends went to the Rock Entertainment Centre, in the Tonle Bassac commune, to party. They got into an argument with Bear Sam Oeun, a DJ there, for not playing the music they requested.

Mr Sovannareth pulled a gun and fired five shots into the floor to threaten the DJ. Mr Sam Oeun was hit by ricocheting bullets in the leg and hand, and subsequently taken to the Khmer-Russian Hospital.
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/50100344/fu ... -arrested/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:15 am Update: The chief suspect had done a runner to Thailand, but was returning of his own free will when arrested in Cambodia. And it seems that his plea will be that he didn't mean to hit the DJ, but the bullets accidentally ricocheted off the floor
Oh thats ok then. He should make a claim against the rock for negligence in not onstalling a ricochet proof floor AND failing to confiscate the gun when he went in. Glad to know 8t sas not his fault
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

pczz wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:13 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:15 am Update: The chief suspect had done a runner to Thailand, but was returning of his own free will when arrested in Cambodia. And it seems that his plea will be that he didn't mean to hit the DJ, but the bullets accidentally ricocheted off the floor
Oh thats ok then. He should make a claim against the rock for negligence in not onstalling a ricochet proof floor AND failing to confiscate the gun when he went in. Glad to know

8t sas

not his fault
I bet the shots you fire would not even hit the floor. The proof is, your finger cannot hit the right key which is six inches from your nose . :stir:
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Duncan wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:41 pm

I bet the shots you fire would not even hit the floor. The proof is, your finger cannot hit the right key which is six inches from your nose . :stir:
'Fuck that must be one BIG nose !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =@
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Duncan wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:41 pm
pczz wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:13 pm
Oh thats ok then. He should make a claim against the rock for negligence in not onstalling a ricochet proof floor AND failing to confiscate the gun when he went in. Glad to know

8t sas

not his fault
Don't blame me, its my keyboard. they ricochet onto the wrong key. just measured and it2 12 inches from my nose to the keyboard :-)
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Three bits of extra information from the above article:
There were TWO ricochets. One might be careless, but two...
On November 29, Sovannaret allegedly shot DJ Bie Sam Eoun, 30, at the Rock Entertainment Centre twice, hitting him in the ankle and buttock.
This is not the suspect's first offense.
Sovannaret completed a one-year sentence for “armed robbery” last year, according to the report on his charges. He could now face two to five years in prison.

This is not the first time there has been a shooting in this particular nightclub.
In 2015, the son of a high-ranking customs official was arrested after a shooting at the same nightclub.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:50 pm
Three bits of extra information from the above article:
There were TWO ricochets. One might be careless, but two...
On November 29, Sovannaret allegedly shot DJ Bie Sam Eoun, 30, at the Rock Entertainment Centre twice, hitting him in the ankle and buttock.
This is not the suspect's first offense.
Sovannaret completed a one-year sentence for “armed robbery” last year, according to the report on his charges. He could now face two to five years in prison.

This is not the first time there has been a shooting in this particular nightclub.
In 2015, the son of a high-ranking customs official was arrested after a shooting at the same nightclub.
Yep indeed, i think it's on TOF, i can use their search function for only one page strangely enough...
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic