Super Duper

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Super Duper

Post by Fourkinnel »

Coming up soon for a bit of shopping. Super Duper supermarket. Are there 2 or more?
II got one address as; 3 Samdach Sothearos Blvd . Which on the map looks just south of Sihanouk BLVD
and another. #21, corner st.488 & st.145
700m South of Russian Market.
If there are indeed 2, which one would have the most varied stock, particularly cheeses?
T.I.A
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Super Duper

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I've only been to the TTP location once or twice, but I think they're very similar. What types of cheeses are you after? I personally don't think it's a great choice for cheese, but that's just me.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:18 pm I've only been to the TTP location once or twice, but I think they're very similar. What types of cheeses are you after? I personally don't think it's a great choice for cheese, but that's just me.
If you're looking for cheese i'd go to Thai Huat

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Fourkinnel wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:11 pm
If there are indeed 2, which one would have the most varied stock, particularly cheeses?
The southern one is much bigger so I'd imagine it has more varied stock. As above, they don't have a huge selection of cheese.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:18 pm I've only been to the TTP location once or twice, but I think they're very similar. What types of cheeses are you after? I personally don't think it's a great choice for cheese, but that's just me.
Thanks but I'm really not interested in that French, goat, horse, something I cant pronounce without a mouthful of saliva stuff. Just a decent tasty cheddar. Not the postman's sock strength, just medium mature. The stuff in Thai Huot is Ok. Maybe I should just go there again instead. Just looking for better such as Beqa extra tasty. Not the sliced sandwich shit though.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Fourkinnel wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:40 pm
Thanks but I'm really not interested in that French, goat, horse, something I cant pronounce without a mouthful of saliva stuff. Just a decent tasty cheddar. Not the postman's sock strength, just medium mature. The stuff in Thai Huot is Ok. Maybe I should just go there again instead. Just looking for better such as Beqa extra tasty. Not the sliced sandwich shit though.
One&One across from PP Sports Club on 271 is good for large blocks of cheddar at a decent price.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Thai Hout has very good cheddar much cheaper than anywhere else small vblocks to big catering blocks. In fact they are cheap fro most things and have special offers on all sorts of things from tuna at $1.40 to branston pickle to milk close to sell by date. Super duper has some good stuff and some bargains but for cheese and meat is overpriced. You are paying for the fact they are open 24 hours
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Super Duper has American stuff and is more expensive than either Angkor MInimart on 155, Thai Huot on 63 or One & One on 271.

Latter is cheapest all round.

Best cheese selection, Thai Huot or occasionally Lucky Sihanouk.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
LinDa777
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LinDa777 »

Strokesy’s meat sells block cheddar cut to how much you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

That big block cheddar is definitely not what I'm after either, sorry. Most of it has little or no taste at all.
Got my Mature Cheddar in Thai Hout. Not the best but not the worst. Bonus was they had Branston pickle! :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic