Russian Woman Yuliya Vasilyeva Busted with Cocaine

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Russian Woman Yuliya Vasilyeva Busted with Cocaine

Post by Abc123 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:02 pm Dumb cunt (cleaner).
You can't expect a Khmer cleaner to know what cleaning products look like.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

prahocalypse now wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:27 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm
But, why send white powder that looks like heroin, cocaine, meth or whatever in unmarked little ziplock bags that look just like drug baggies ?
I don't recall reading that the bags of white powder were sent anywhere. I think the nosy cleaning lady saw them in the cabinet.
Quite possible.The first photo shows the initial suspect holding up a cardboard box and I thought it was a parcel.
Still doesn't answer the question about the little bags of white powder. Who buys - or sells - detergent by the gram ? How would a cleaning lady 'accidentally' find all this stuff ? Why was it sent to PP for testing, if it was ?
Don't tell me that the substance in SHV was :Yahoo!: ... and when it got to PP, it was... :cry:
Nah, of course not. Anyway, all sorted and nothing to report. Carry on.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

I wonder if her innocence has been reported in the local press.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:40 pm
Quite possible.The first photo shows the initial suspect holding up a cardboard box and I thought it was a parcel.
I think that the cops put all the bits and pieces they gathered into the box for her to hold in the photo.
Still doesn't answer the question about the little bags of white powder. Who buys - or sells - detergent by the gram ?
I read where one of the woman's friends said that it was a special anti-fungal agent for swimming pools. Therefore it is more probably more expensive than washing detergent and someone may have been buying large quantities of the stuff and selling smaller quantities to other Russians with swimming pools. Also, Russian have this thing about weighing stuff. I recall that when I visited Russia some restaurants had buffets where they would weigh the portions of food and charge you accordingly. Also, taxi drivers would weigh your luggage and charge by the kilo.
How would a cleaning lady 'accidentally' find all this stuff ?
If it was in that cabinet, she could have seen it through the glass.
Why was it sent to PP for testing, if it was ?
Those testing kits the cops used aren't 100% accurate.There should always be secondary tests conducted in the lab.
Don't tell me that the substance in SHV was :Yahoo!: ... and when it got to PP, it was... :cry:
An intriguing theory.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I tried Googling her name, got a Wikipedia page about an Olympic swimmer. And then tried images:Yulia Vasilyeva
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:12 pm I tried Googling her name, got a Wikipedia page about an Olympic swimmer. And then tried images:Yulia Vasilyeva
I hope you asked her permission. Of course you didn't. Famous in Cambodia for some dumb cleaner who had 40 police go through her apartment and give her the sleezy leer, and you have to now do it virtually. Ffs.
Edit, surely the moderators have enough sensibility to change the thread title from cocaine to swimming pool chemicals.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Abc123 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:45 pm
John Bingham wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:12 pm I tried Googling her name, got a Wikipedia page about an Olympic swimmer. And then tried images:Yulia Vasilyeva
I hope you asked her permission. Of course you didn't. Famous in Cambodia for some dumb cleaner who had 40 police go through her apartment and give her the sleezy leer, and you have to now do it virtually. Ffs.
Edit, surely the moderators have enough sensibility to change the thread title from cocaine to swimming pool chemicals.
Based on the word of an anonymous first time poster who provided zero verifiable information?
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

epidemiks wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:17 am
Based on the word of an anonymous first time poster who provided zero verifiable information?
Well, at least they could change it to crystal meth, and lay some cash on the Khmer reporters for some pics of her knicker draw.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I hope you asked her permission. Of course you didn't.
Those aren't pictures of her anyway. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Like to see the results of someone snorting chlorine. Should bleach those nasal hairs!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic