Whose posts do you like more?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Thai stuff or chandelier brag stuff?

PhuketDick
78%
SnotRecruiter
22%

Total votes: 9
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Re: Whose posts do you like more?

Post by Francis »

You do ? Interesting. I'll remember that.
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

@vladimir

i would like to (if you give me karma points in exchange and in advance), just come to siem reap.

:beer1:
0to60
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by 0to60 »

I think threads about Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam are relevant to expat life in Cambodia. I don't think Thailand should have it's own forum, but should include Laos and Vietnam. That said, I'd like to see more threads about what's going on in Laos.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Thailand does have its own fourms'
but i assume u meant thread

I would like to keep the Thailand thread
OD, Potty and Drifter can run it ( as they know everything about Thailand and Thai people) and spread their shit even though none of them live here or have, as far as i am aware.
Personally i think their form of gossip/bullshit, fits better over at K440 where they also hate Thailand an anyone that lives here.

Would then also like to see a Laos, Burma, Vietnam thread but not sure how much activity it would get.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

dont think most of us feel as living in a country, they "like" too much.

but everyone, also the "haters" have said, that they appreciate your posts.

i do.
though, dont share your opinion.
0to60
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by 0to60 »

phuketrichard wrote:Thailand does have its own fourms'
but i assume u meant thread

I would like to keep the Thailand thread
OD, Potty and Drifter can run it ( as they know everything about Thailand and Thai people) and spread their shit even though none of them live here or have, as far as i am aware.
Personally i think their form of gossip/bullshit, fits better over at K440 where they also hate Thailand an anyone that lives here.

Would then also like to see a Laos, Burma, Vietnam thread but not sure how much activity it would get.
I meant forums as in sections of this forum. I think it would be PC to include Laos and Vietnam, instead of giving Thailand preferential treatment. I like Thailand better than Vietnam, I just think it would be more fair.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Fair>? who does ceo have to t be fair too?

Thailand has a sizable tourist population which grows and grows yearly and affects Cambodia much more than Laos, Myanmar or Vietnam
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Stats show that a sizable percentage, nearly half, of the other forum's viewers are reading that site from Thailand. As the previous owner repeatedly insulted Thailand-based expats every chance he got, we thought it would be a good idea to especially welcome those readers to CEO with their own section and treat them with more respect. I still think it's a good idea. That, in no way, insults or excludes expats/CEO members from Laos or Vietnam or Burkina Faso. If YOU have enough interest and content to post in a special Laos section, then pitch your idea to the CEO owners and make it work. Phuketrichard and I and a few others put forth some considerable effort to keep the Thailand section going, as some of us live there.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

potty wrote:i have reported this post.

its ok, to ask if someone likes thailand topics or not, but relevant the info are for most of us anyway, at least sooner or later.

but its not ok, to ask if you like this guy over this guy, as in a comptetition. :beer2:
it's also not a violation of the rules to mock people.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

phuketrichard wrote:Fair>? who does ceo have to t be fair too?

Thailand has a sizable tourist population which grows and grows yearly and affects Cambodia much more than Laos, Myanmar or Vietnam
one of the top nations, if not THE top nation, for tourists to cambodia is vietnam. they just happen to mostly be vietnamese so won't come on here too often.

Edit: just checked, and according to wiki as of 2013 Vietnam was #1, China #2, S. Korea #3, Laos #4, and Thailand #5.

If you add up all of the westerners who would visit via Thailand, even giving it the benefit of assuming ALL westerners go there first, you get almost half of the total for JUST Vietnam. Add in the Thais as well and it almost comes to the amount that arrive from Vietnam.

Speaking of spreading bullshit...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in ... n_Cambodia
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic