Huge smashup; Lexus Crashes into Truck from Behind, 1 dead 4 injured

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Huge smashup; Lexus Crashes into Truck from Behind, 1 dead 4 injured

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh:
At 8:15 pm on 25 November 2017, a Lexus car driven by an unidentified man who was killed instantly after the car crashed into a truck from behind leaving four other passengers severely injured on National Street 2 in Krang Svay Village, Sangkat Prek Kompeus, Khan Dongko.
The big truck driver failed to flee the scene and was detained for questions while the injured passengers were sent off to a nearby hospital.

[Warning - photos of the accident site.]
ImageImageImageImage
Crash victims:
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Re: Huge smashup; Lexus Crashes into Truck from Behind, 1 dead 4 injured

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Surely no tail lights. To spot them when they used to be prevalent I was looking for darker than night spots on the road :?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Barang_doa_slae wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:45 pm Surely no tail lights. To spot them when they used to be prevalent I was looking for darker than night spots on the road :?
Yupp, effing nightmare. Drove to PP a few years ago, leaving Temple Town at 2am. Had a couple of close calls with these tractors with only CD's as tail lights. Vowed to never drive at that time again.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Ironically, I find 10pm to 4am the safest hours for driving or riding in Cambodia nowadays.

No taillights is an issue, but I still have good nightvision.

Anyhow, could equally be car driver on phone/watching tv/eating/sleeping or any combination of those and other factors.

White lexus drivers are a breed unto themselves.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

You can usually spot them silhouetted in the full beam headlights of other road users but I have certainly had some hairy moments. Or when you realise it's not a motorbike at the last minute. He was certainly travelling at speed, seems like the truck was stationary?
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

''The big truck driver failed to flee the scene ,

WOW! That's different.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:42 pm Ironically, I find 10pm to 4am the safest hours for driving or riding in Cambodia nowadays.

No taillights is an issue, but I still have good nightvision.

Anyhow, could equally be car driver on phone/watching tv/eating/sleeping or any combination of those and other factors.

White lexus drivers are a breed unto themselves.
Actually, the worst time is from 4:30 onwards when the farmers hit the streets.
Mr Cynical
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Mr Cynical »

I know I am stupid BUT, someone suggests that the truck that was hit had no tail lights, the cavalary join in to post all their near misses.
OR someone was driving too fast and not concentrating and smashed into the back of an innocent truck driver and was killed.
I know it is not as interesting or will kill the debate but for all the Khmer knockers it is just a thought. Bless
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Seeing as how everyone jumps to conclusions, I will too. It seems to me the fact the truck driver "failed to flee the scene" (LOL), indicates he was doing nothing wrong and his truck was in proper working order... with lights.
You could be next.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Cruisemonkey wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:12 am Seeing as how everyone jumps to conclusions, I will too. It seems to me the fact the truck driver "failed to flee the scene" (LOL), indicates he was doing nothing wrong and his truck was in proper working order... with lights.
Or he was asleep....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic