Buy tuk tuk for my family

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
JDMPRO777
Expatriate
United States of America

Buy tuk tuk for my family

Post by JDMPRO777 »

I have lived in Siem Reap for one year now. Classic (try not to laugh or judge) case of middle aged american escaping New England winter who later opts out of his return ticket to take care of his new Khmer g/f and impending baby. I was 45, she was 30. Yes it's mine had the test. We get along very nicely. I was married when I was 30 but no kids. What the hell, I just left an L. E. job and honestly have had enough of life in the U. S... OK I am ranting now, everyone seems so damned uptight there. Over-regulation, taxes, keep-u-in-debt framework, materialistic jackasses. Had enough. So, thanks for staying with me. Was bicycling, on my birthday in October and hit a big curb and crashed breaking my collar bone. I was out of money having spent a year in cambo hence the bicycle, pedalling 20 miles a day round trip for groceries due to selling my moto. Lost 40 lbs and 12" off my waist in a year which I needed, and now was on a bicycle. Anyway, I knew I had to return to the states to get looked at and get more money, which I did and I have been in U. S. for 30 days now. Have return ticket back "home" in 2 weeks. Freezing here. So, accident got me thinking about things, I have shifted my mindset from drunken idiot tourist on a moto to new dad looking for work. I don't really want to bring son back to U. S. but that's a whole different discussion. Anyway, want to buy a tuk tuk for my family use when I buy new moto. Yes I do realize I could have started this chat without all the other information. Any help how to make this legal/legit would be great. I do know where to buy one.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: Buy tuk tuk for my family

Post by Kuroneko »

Oh and paragraphs would be great :thumb:
JDMPRO777
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by JDMPRO777 »

I don't even get that lol
JDMPRO777
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by JDMPRO777 »

Please.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

If I were you and had your special skills, I would go in to the officials office sit down and tell him your story from start to finish. Don 't leave even the smallest detail out and I am sure after a couple of hours the official will be in tears and do anything to get you to stop going on and on and saying very little .
tarariverboat
Expatriate
Australia

Post by tarariverboat »

all the best for the future:)
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Instead of buying a tuk tuk you could move so you're closer than 10 miles to a grocery store.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Make sure your kid gets a US passport if you have not yet. Will serve him better in the long run than a tuk tuk.
Babble
Expatriate
El Salvador

Post by Babble »

Do you intend to use it as a taxi service for income?
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

JDMPRO777 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:05 pm ...I just left an L. E. job ...
What's an L. E. job?

I Googled it and got a French movie.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic