High-end, tricky Christmas presents

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: High-end, tricky Christmas presents

Post by timmydownawell »

change your nick to Big Softy Dave?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

I'm only 167cm, so ... twerpy little softy with the annoying voice? But I don't think it will fit inside the character limit.
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Btw, there is at least one glitter backpack at Central Market.

Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Now they want me to get their mom a coffee mug that says "Mom" or some variant. Easy-peasy on the 'web, but I can't find mugs with anything printed on them, anywhere in Phnom Penh. Ideas?
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Dangerous Dave wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:14 pm Now they want me to get their mom a coffee mug that says "Mom" or some variant. Easy-peasy on the 'web, but I can't find mugs with anything printed on them, anywhere in Phnom Penh. Ideas?
DisPlay design store on St 63 maybe?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

I guess if it's for a girl aesthetics are important so this might not be pretty enough, might sound obvious but had you thought of just buying a nice hardcover notebook, finding a shop with a drill press, paying them for a hole, and sticking a $2 dollar padlock through it?
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

I had thought about that, yes. But without intending to be, or realizing it, these are *very* demanding kids. The boy has decided that I'm going to get him an "800 piece Lego Minecraft set" (now that DHL has decided that his Minecraft bow and arrow is "a weapon" and won't deliver it).
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Dangerous Dave wrote:I had thought about that, yes. But without intending to be, or realizing it, these are *very* demanding kids. The boy has decided that I'm going to get him an "800 piece Lego Minecraft set" (now that DHL has decided that his Minecraft bow and arrow is "a weapon" and won't deliver it).
I feel bad. You are putting far more effort into presents for these kids than I am for my own kids. ImageImage
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

I love, love, *love* these kids. But it's my first Christmas "with kids" and ... it's not going very well. :-(

Btw, Kiwi, it was you who was looking for a glitter backpack, wasn't it? Did you see there's one at Central Market?
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Dangerous Dave wrote:I love, love, *love* these kids. But it's my first Christmas "with kids" and ... it's not going very well. :-(

Btw, Kiwi, it was you who was looking for a glitter backpack, wasn't it? Did you see there's one at Central Market?
Nope I’m looking for the diary, got some family in NZ to send it up for me in the end. Will see if it survives the Cambodian post system.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic