High-end, tricky Christmas presents

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: High-end, tricky Christmas presents

Post by Duncan »

MY 8 year old says she wants a 3D pen. Showing me on the internet what what they can do . But I dont think they would be available in Cambodia.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Yikes! We're in the same boat.

So they did in fact have the glitter backpacks at pussy store, as advertised. They work in terribly good shape so I'll be fixing a glitter backpack with glitter nail polish for the rest of my weekend, but then beggars can't be choosers can they.

Still absolutely no luck finding the locking diary -- so please everyone be on the keen lookout for one of those!
jmagic
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jmagic »

A large bookshop is likely to have both of the items you mentioned. Or, if you ever can't find something in town, Aliexpress.com ships to Cambodia, often for free.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Dangerous Dave wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:01 am Never seen a diary with a lock on it and I’ve been looking as my daughter wants one too. Let me know if you find one.
Kiwi, may I ask if you've tried Toys&Me? Toul Tom Pong is in the opposite direction as Aeon Mall, and if Toys&Me doesn't have it, that would save me the tuk-tuk fare.
I have not been to the toys and me out there but I have been to the one in AEON and they didn’t have and said hey didn’t stock anything like it so assume it’s not in the TTP branch either.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

epidemiks wrote:
Dangerous Dave wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:01 am Never seen a diary with a lock on it and I’ve been looking as my daughter wants one too. Let me know if you find one.
Kiwi, may I ask if you've tried Toys&Me? Toul Tom Pong is in the opposite direction as Aeon Mall, and if Toys&Me doesn't have it, that would save me the tuk-tuk fare.
There's a Toys & Me on St 51 and 254, 2 blocks north of Sihanouk
I think that’s closed unless it’s reopened recently.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Duncan wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:01 am Glitter backpack can be found at Aeon at a shop called Pink Pussy (not bullshitting here) on the 2nd floor. I think they are $15-25 can’t remember exactly. They might also have them in the “alien” shop across from the pussy shop.

Never seen a diary with a lock on it and I’ve been looking as my daughter wants one too. Let me know if you find one.

And make sure you get get a spare key for yourself ?
Those toy locks are utter crap and can be opened easily without a key. I have a good relationship with my daughter anyway and she doesn’t keep secrets from me (I’m sure this will change as she gets older but it works for us at this point in time). She knows I check her books and school stuff just Incase so doesn’t bother hiding anything from me..... for now. Image
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Aeon Mall - Pink pussy (I think that’s it’s name- something Pussy anyway) had sparkly hats and bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Oops should have read all the comments

rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

High-end, tricky Christmas presents

Post by rozzieoz »

Dave I have seen diaries with locks in Sihanoukville, at EBC.
Would you like me to send you a photo? We can make a plan to get it to you if it’s what you want.

Dangerous Dave
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Dangerous Dave »

rozzieoz wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:41 pm Dave I have seen diaries with locks in Sihanoukville, at EBC.
Would you like me to send you a photo? We can make a plan to get it to you if it’s what you want.
Yes, please! The wrinkle is that the young lady in question has her heart set on light pink, and she wants the long side at least 19cm (which is A6, if I'm not mistaken), so please don't get rankled if we make this effort for the nonce. :-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic