Celebrity Expat Partners With Professional German Con Artist

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.

Should Cambodian authorities extradite these criminals?

Yes
85%
No
15%

Total votes: 13
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Celebrity Expat Partners With Professional German Con Artist

Post by Duncan »

Sweeter wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:44 pm
Cam Nivag wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:50 pm
Sweeter wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:42 pm I used to get a lot of problems in Cambodia because people had me mixed up with some other foreigner. It was done intentionally in quite a clever way as far as I could tell. Anyway I had a list of a few people who I suspected might be the person I had been confused with. One of them was this fellow actually. Interestingly, one of the untrue things I used to hear the Khmers say about me was that I "knew how to make (sex) movies." I didn't know anything about him making movies until reading this thread though. I eventually left Cambodia altogether as the confusion about me (and resulting slander) caused me so many troubles.
Were the Khmers intentionally confusing you with other foreigners in a clever way or were other clever foreigners intentionally pretending to be you?
I'll think I'll never know but I remember one day I said to the girl I was with, "This is a game to try to switch me with someone, isn't it?" and I listed off all the things they had made me seem to be, saying that it must be that some other person is involved with these other things (quite bad things). As soon as I finished the girl muttered "fuck" in English and turned her eyes downward, just staring into space for some time as if my revelation was really not good--like the game was up. After staring for a while she picked up the phone and called someone who had a western name and she left a message saying "we need to talk, call me back."

I felt I was either to take the fall for someone who had already been in some trouble or I was being made to appear to be someone who was doing certain things at the time, as a sort of insurance policy in case they ever got caught. To this day I do not know but the effort was extremely elaborate.

Sounds like a continuation of that GSM video.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

I'll think I'll never know but I remember one day I said to the girl I was with, "This is a game to try to switch me with someone, isn't it?" and I listed off all the things they had made me seem to be, saying that it must be that some other person is involved with these other things (quite bad things). As soon as I finished the girl muttered "fuck" in English and turned her eyes downward, just staring into space for some time as if my revelation was really not good--like the game was up. After staring for a while she picked up the phone and called someone who had a western name and she left a message saying "we need to talk, call me back."

I felt I was either to take the fall for someone who had already been in some trouble or I was being made to appear to be someone who was doing certain things at the time, as a sort of insurance policy in case they ever got caught. To this day I do not know but the effort was extremely elaborate.

Sweeter
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Sweeter »

Duncan wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:00 pm
Sweeter wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:42 pm I used to get a lot of problems in Cambodia because people had me mixed up with some other foreigner. It was done intentionally in quite a clever way as far as I could tell. Anyway I had a list of a few people who I suspected might be the person I had been confused with. One of them was this fellow actually. Interestingly, one of the untrue things I used to hear the Khmers say about me was that I "knew how to make (sex) movies." I didn't know anything about him making movies until reading this thread though. I eventually left Cambodia altogether as the confusion about me (and resulting slander) caused me so many troubles.
Were the Khmers intentionally confusing you with other foreigners in a clever way or were other clever foreigners intentionally pretending to be you?

Wait, what? Is there a link to a thread about that? Because it involved GSM people and there was a ton of talk about a video but I never had a clue what video people were talking about.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Sweeter wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:39 pm
Duncan wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:00 pm

Wait, what? Is there a link to a thread about that? Because it involved GSM people and there was a ton of talk about a video but I never had a clue what video people were talking about.

topic16792.html
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Sweeter
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Sweeter »

Thank you so much! No wonder they spent so long trying to get me to go to Candy Bar.
Sweeter
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Sweeter »

Not to mention the time they brought a deaf prostitute out and started making fun of her voice hoping I would join in. Thank you so much for the link.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

I'll think I'll never know but I remember one day I said to the girl I was with, "This is a game to try to switch me with someone, isn't it?" and I listed off all the things they had made me seem to be, saying that it must be that some other person is involved with these other things. As soon as I finished the girl muttered "fuck" in English and turned her eyes downward, just staring into space for some time as if my revelation was really not good, like the game was up. After staring for a while she picked up the phone and called someone who had a western name and she left a message saying "we need to talk, call me back."

(By the way Im not asserting that this person was him, since I have no clue who it was. For all I know he could be a great guy. I have nothing bad to say about him, it was only based on some physical characteristics and mutual acquaintances and such that I ever thought of it as a possibility so please I hope no one reads this the wrong way.)
Wtf is this about?
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Barang_doa_slae wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:53 pm
I'll think I'll never know but I remember one day I said to the girl I was with, "This is a game to try to switch me with someone, isn't it?" and I listed off all the things they had made me seem to be, saying that it must be that some other person is involved with these other things. As soon as I finished the girl muttered "fuck" in English and turned her eyes downward, just staring into space for some time as if my revelation was really not good, like the game was up. After staring for a while she picked up the phone and called someone who had a western name and she left a message saying "we need to talk, call me back."

(By the way Im not asserting that this person was him, since I have no clue who it was. For all I know he could be a great guy. I have nothing bad to say about him, it was only based on some physical characteristics and mutual acquaintances and such that I ever thought of it as a possibility so please I hope no one reads this the wrong way.)
Wtf is this about?
Who was the girl you were with? A friend, a shag, an aquaintance, what?

You haven’t been clear enough in your description to deal with questions about why you felt this girl was knowledgable that something odd was going on, and you haven’t been clear about why you think she was in any way involved in dodgy events to set you up.

And why would bendan’s behavior warrant a set up of another? So far, responses on this thread indicate it seems like people don’t know him and his infamy is in his head
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

violet wrote:
And why would bendan’s behavior warrant a set up of another? So far, responses on this thread indicate it seems like people don’t know him and his infamy is in his head
The only people who refer to his notoriety or celebrity status are people that start threads about him.
Sweeter
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Sweeter »

violet wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:28 pm
Barang_doa_slae wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:53 pm

Wtf is this about?
Who was the girl you were with? A friend, a shag, an aquaintance, what?

You haven’t been clear enough in your description to deal with questions about why you felt this girl was knowledgable that something odd was going on, and you haven’t been clear about why you think she was in any way involved in dodgy events to set you up.

And why would hisbehavior warrant a set up of another? So far, responses on this thread indicate it seems like people don’t know him and his infamy is in his head
You're right Violet and I apologize for the lack of detail but my story is one I wont ever be able to tell. I was shot at once for talking about it and given a bit of the Ministry of Love treatment until I was sleeping in my dirty clothes in rice fields, utterly shattered for awhile. It's just that when I see other Barang making an effort to shine a light on scammers I feel this tinge of hope for the world. It was a lapse in judgement to chime in though and Im sorry for any confusion that caused.

With him for all I know he might have just been a fellow victim of sorts rather than the person I was being made to look like. I just had a list if possible people on my mind due to associations, physical descriptions, et cetera.
Last edited by Sweeter on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic