Barangs (Including German Expat ACHIM ECKERT) in Fatal Motorbike Accident Near Independence Monument in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: Barangs (Including German Expat ACHIM ECKERT) in Fatal Motorbike Accident Near Independence Monument in Phnom Penh

Post by alexvanlaar »

Fuck, fuck, fuck, the guy in the black is my old friend Achim from Lakeside, where he had a bar 9 years agp.
R.I.P.
Condolences to his vietnamese wife and his young son!!!
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Barangs (Including German Expat ACHIM ECKERT) in Fatal Motorbike Accident Near Independence Monument in Phnom Penh

Post by Soriya »

alexvanlaar wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:06 pm Fuck, fuck, fuck, the guy in the black is my old friend Achim from Lakeside, where he had a bar 9 years agp.
R.I.P.
You didnt realise your friend died 3 years ago?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Soriya wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:03 pm
alexvanlaar wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:06 pm Fuck, fuck, fuck, the guy in the black is my old friend Achim from Lakeside, where he had a bar 9 years agp.
R.I.P.
Best bosom buddies.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

R.I.P.
Its harsh to find out these things so many years later.
Achim's son is in Germany with his grandparents. He and the wife had already split. She is now in USA with a new partner.
Hope this update helps.
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

:BangHead:
hanno wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:21 am
Soriya wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:03 pm
R.I.P.
Condolences to his vietnamese wife and his young son!
Best bosom buddies.
Oh yeah, blame blame blame, sometimes there are reasons some "spiesser" cannot comprehend. Think out of the box, sometimes, IF U CAN, ha,ha,ha.
Nothing is what it seems! If u do time in a foreign country for example,with no relevant contacts and no knowledge what is going around in this world you're missing a couple of years of your life COMPLETELY!
By the way you dont have to see a good friend every day, month, year, you can see a friend after 10 years and it is the same relationship it was before, 'cause you have something called
L O V E ! A very special relationship!!! Time and distance are totally IRRELEVANT!
You two guys responding, have to grow up and , maybe you're still too young to get ANY message, but this all will improve over the next 20, 30 years, IF
you're lucky, smart and open. Maybe you have nothing beter to do in this "times of living dangerously" than opening the old Blame Game and releasing seweage, FOR WHAT???
You must be very frustrated, as I can understand in this times, so please beter walk your cat or sent away a prayer. Like the faceless people I see sometimes in the Skytrain in BKK,
sooooo lost! BYE BYE
Last edited by alexvanlaar on Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

canucklhead wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:15 am
R.I.P.
Its harsh to find out these things so many years later.
Achim's son is in Germany with his grandparents. He and the wife had already split. She is now in USA with a new partner.
Hope this update helps.
Thanx very much Canucklhead, for the info. Maybe we saw e.a. in Achims house in Songsamcosal (totally wrong spelling, so what) . I myzelf did "some" time in Asia 2017-2019, the reason
I wasn't aware of ANYTHING happening in this world and Cambo and it hit me like a sledge-hammer a couple of days ago when I read the post. Take care, Alex!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic