Prices of land in Sihanoukville / Cambodia and building house

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
offroadscholar
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Prices of land in Sihanoukville / Cambodia and building house

Post by offroadscholar »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:20 pm Yes, the Systematic rollout of LMAP is country wide, started years ago, big job to get the entire country done though will take many more years.

Foreign Funding for LMAP is courtesy of the Workd Bank iirc. Great way to get your hard title issued free of charge.
Do you know what happens if one already has an older Hard Title without the gps co-ords, then the LMAP survey your area for the new type of Hard title with gps co-ords. Does one have to apply for the new type title ?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Not sure about that sorry, I've only been through the process with properties that were on soft title. If the LMAP turns up in your area, go to their HQ set-up to find out, would be worth getting an up to date hard title, the process is free.
offroadscholar
Expatriate
Australia

Post by offroadscholar »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:49 pm Not sure about that sorry, I've only been through the process with properties that were on soft title. If the LMAP turns up in your area, go to their HQ set-up to find out, would be worth getting an up to date hard title, the process is free.
Thanks, I'll look into it.
Our current hard title is the Certificate of Possession of Immovable Property, shown in the link
http://www.cambomorning.com/real-estate ... -not-know/
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Wow, that looks old school!
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

When I started building in a plot I bought a few years before I noticed one boundary was wrong, good thing these hard titles have these small maps included.
I went to the land registry office where they gave me a bigger print including adjoining plots. Upon precise verification the connected neighbor culprit had to swallow his pride and move his posts :thumb:
offroadscholar
Expatriate
Australia

Post by offroadscholar »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:00 pm Wow, that looks old school!
Not that old. Its the same as example 2 in the link which is dated 2014. My property was transferred from soft title to hard title in early 2008.
I guess the implementation of the newer type hard titles varied around the country.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

whiteribbon wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:39 pm
Kammekor wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:58 pm
whiteribbon wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:16 pm I wouldn't worry too much about the fact you can't own land in your own name. In London 70% of the properties are on 120y leases also. Never had problems with it there. Here you can get a maximum of 1 time 49y lease which will automatically be renewed for another 49 years. But I'm not planning to live another 100 years so that's the least of my worries.
You rally want to compare a 120 year lease in London and a 49 year lease construction in Cambodia, and make people believe it offers the same securities?

It's not about the fact you lease, it's about the fact that if shit hits the fan, there's no way claim to your rights in this country.
Sorry if I came across like that. I don't want to make people believe anything. Just saying that cambodia is not the only country where such lease constructions exist. In London most of my leases were between 90 and 120y. My first ever property I bought in Belgium was even only on a 43year lease! And true, Cambodia doesn't offer the same securities as these 2 countries but by your logic then no foreigner should ever buy property in cambodia? If shit ever hits the fan like you so eloquently put it, I'll deal with it but prefer to go through life with a positive attitude
I don't think this is about a positive attitude, but it's about common sense and having some knowledge about the local situation here. The main problem is that Cambodia is a country without a functioning legal system. That means if someone puts his or her greedy eyes on your piece of coastal land, there's not much you can do.

Of course if you have some land in your wife's name in the middle of Kompong Nowhere province this is not likely to happen but we're talking about pieces of land on the islands close to Sihanoukville in this thread. Land that will soon be worth serious money.

<edit>
I guess the perception of risk is different for everyone. I personally am only willing to invest what I am able to lose if case things go bad. This means most of my money is not invested in Cambodia, even though the yields might be higher in some cases, for instance for savings.
</edit>
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:58 pm
I don't think this is about a positive attitude, but it's about common sense and having some knowledge about the local situation here. The main problem is that Cambodia is a country without a functioning legal system. That means if someone puts his or her greedy eyes on your piece of coastal land, there's not much you can do.

Of course if you have some land in your wife's name in the middle of Kompong Nowhere province this is not likely to happen but we're talking about pieces of land on the islands close to Sihanoukville in this thread. Land that will soon be worth serious money.

<edit>
I guess the perception of risk is different for everyone. I personally am only willing to invest what I am able to lose if case things go bad. This means most of my money is not invested in Cambodia, even though the yields might be higher in some cases, for instance for savings.
</edit>
Yes of course. I also don't advise anyone to invest their whole life savings in Cambodia. Even I wouldn't do that.
just noise, white noise
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic