Prices of land in Sihanoukville / Cambodia and building house

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
james1234
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: Prices of land in Sihanoukville / Cambodia and building house

Post by james1234 »

The land I saw, where all hard title.

How is living on Koh Rong compared to SHV?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

whiteribbon wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:18 pm But make sure you have and keep the hardtitle though and lock it safely somewhere in a fireproof safe in europe!
Why? You can't have a legal hard title in your name.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

whiteribbon wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:16 pm I wouldn't worry too much about the fact you can't own land in your own name. In London 70% of the properties are on 120y leases also. Never had problems with it there. Here you can get a maximum of 1 time 49y lease which will automatically be renewed for another 49 years. But I'm not planning to live another 100 years so that's the least of my worries.
You rally want to compare a 120 year lease in London and a 49 year lease construction in Cambodia, and make people believe it offers the same securities?

It's not about the fact you lease, it's about the fact that if shit hits the fan, there's no way claim to your rights in this country.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Kep now is almost all hardtitle since this year, got it for free this year after I originally bought on soft title cause the hard titles for Kep weren't ready yet. Sihanoukville is also almost all hardtitle by now. Have no idea about the islands and smaller towns, might be a different situation there.
they are registering soft title around Kampot right now as hard title.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

james1234 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:06 pm The land I saw, where all hard title.

How is living on Koh Rong compared to SHV?
Main problems being water and power I think, at that remote part of the island.

Water? Probably need to drill a well. Or will there be water all year round if you dig a 30 m well (assuming there's 30 m of soil on top of the rock bottom...).
Power? Solar is maybe an option for daily life, but for sure it doesn't offer enough power for a powerful pump. For that a pretty large generator is needed.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

frank lee bent wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:59 pm
Kep now is almost all hardtitle since this year, got it for free this year after I originally bought on soft title cause the hard titles for Kep weren't ready yet. Sihanoukville is also almost all hardtitle by now. Have no idea about the islands and smaller towns, might be a different situation there.
They are starting the LMAP process in Khang Cheung village now, most of Kampot has already been completed, been happening over the past 5 or so years Sangkat by Sangkat.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

unbelievable number of local carpetbaggers buying up rural blocks here.
cruisin around in the lexis all the time
the muddy patches in the road get gravel quick. who is paying for that?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:08 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:59 pm
They are starting the LMAP process in Khang Cheung village now, most of Kampot has already been completed, been happening over the past 5 or so years Sangkat by Sangkat.
This is the case in many places around Cambodia now, the Cambodian government has received loads of funding for these projects. If the guys with your title come to ask for their share of the pie, it pays of to remind them of the foreign funding, which should lead to a free conversion of titles for Cambodians.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Yes, the Systematic rollout of LMAP is country wide, started years ago, big job to get the entire country done though will take many more years.

Foreign Funding for LMAP is courtesy of the Workd Bank iirc. Great way to get your hard title issued free of charge.
whiteribbon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by whiteribbon »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:58 pm
whiteribbon wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:16 pm I wouldn't worry too much about the fact you can't own land in your own name. In London 70% of the properties are on 120y leases also. Never had problems with it there. Here you can get a maximum of 1 time 49y lease which will automatically be renewed for another 49 years. But I'm not planning to live another 100 years so that's the least of my worries.
You rally want to compare a 120 year lease in London and a 49 year lease construction in Cambodia, and make people believe it offers the same securities?

It's not about the fact you lease, it's about the fact that if shit hits the fan, there's no way claim to your rights in this country.
Sorry if I came across like that. I don't want to make people believe anything. Just saying that cambodia is not the only country where such lease constructions exist. In London most of my leases were between 90 and 120y. My first ever property I bought in Belgium was even only on a 43year lease! And true, Cambodia doesn't offer the same securities as these 2 countries but by your logic then no foreigner should ever buy property in cambodia? If shit ever hits the fan like you so eloquently put it, I'll deal with it but prefer to go through life with a positive attitude
just noise, white noise
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic