The Best Full English Breakfast in Cambodia...

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: The Best Full English Breakfast in Cambodia...

Post by phuketrichard »

dam , Thats cheap!!!
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

King Keil wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:12 pm Yeah, let us know. I am especially interested in the meat quality and what kind of a coffee you get for that price.
will check it out this week or next :thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:30 pm dam , Thats cheap!!!
tell me about it, you would pay a good 300+ baht for that brekki even up north

although in the Cafe up the road from my house, they do the Terminator for £9.99/400 Baht
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:15 pm

although in the Cafe up the road from my house, they do the Terminator for £9.99/400 Baht
That looks like enough to feed a family for a week. No way you'd get such good value in the south or Belfast/ Dublin.

Those prices are amazing. Maybe a loss leader or something? Check it out.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:23 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:15 pm

That looks like enough to feed a family for a week. No way you'd get such good value in the south or Belfast/ Dublin.

Those prices are amazing. Maybe a loss leader or something? Check it out.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ54ab3tmOc&t=600s
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

What is it with the beans? How did that evolve to the breakfast plate? And why no fried potatoes?
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

Them beans are revolting, be it at breakfast or any other time. Just like English bacon, usually a chewy undercooked mess dripping with fat. Give me a regular American breakfast with crispy bacon and hash browns anytime.

Best value breakfast is IMHO at dolce vita on 172. I trade the banger for extra bacon and refuse the beans. 3 eggs, ham and crispy bacon, hash browns, tomato, toasts w/ jam and butter and a decent cup of coffee, all for $4.

davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

“The best full English breakfast in Cambodia...”
chiltern
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by chiltern »

Never understood how hash browns and baked beans ended up as classic English breakfast food. When l was a kid back in Devon sixty years ago breakfast was a combination of, bacon, sausage, black or hogs pudding, fried bread, bubble, fried eggs tomato when in season and mushrooms freshly picked at daybreak from the fields. The bread fried in dripping of course and washed down by strong tea.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

I don't really find it hard to get good breakfasts. The examples shown here in this thread are not exceptional, rare or stellar. It is not hard to cook the ingredients and assemble together a decent breakfast. The main variable is value for money which is key.

I personally like buffet's; all you can eat, where I can assemble my own. The best I had recently was at Memoire d' Angkor Boutique Hotel in Siem Reap. $7.50 all you can eat (for guests and included otherwise with your room rental). Sausages, Bacon, lots of cold cuts and salads, breads and pastries. Even some disgusting beans if that what floats your boat. Eggs any style. The breakfast is presented for western palates, but there is also an Asian selection if you have company along which seems adequate.

The dining room is nice and bright and comfortable enough. Good enough to sit for a few hours and get a bit of online work done, while grazing and drinking your coffee. Staff very friendly and accommodating.

One thing of value that really adds up at other places is if you are being charged per cup of Coffee. This is free flow, and they will even bring you cappuccino.

Memoire d' Angkor Boutique Hotel (SR) free flow coffee and Cappuccino. I cannot believe I didn't take some photo's of my breakfasts here, I usually do. Apologees.

Eggs Benny, from the A la Carte menu at the lovely (yet unfortunately named) Anusa Residence & Spa, Siem Reap. Portions a bit small, but not bad food. Was not sitting on a proper English muffin however.

From the buffet; the best I could assemble at Pacific Hotel, Phnom Penh. Definitely not fantastic, but didn't leave me starving.

a la carte Breakfast fail at Ashia Hotel & Lounge (not recommended)
Portion small, closed off room with no natural light, and tables that you cannot get your legs under. (and no AC)

Breakfast and Sunrise at Ratanakiri-Boutique Hotel, Banlung. Exceeded my expectations, although wouldn't have sought it out. Service was good, and they would have brought me more if I had asked for it.

"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic