New Hospital to be Built in Industrial Zone

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

New Hospital to be Built in Industrial Zone

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh:
According to Prime Minister HE Facebook page post on 19 November 2017, a new big nursing hospital will be built in the 7NG industrial zone to provide the factory workers health care services.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: New Hospital to be Built in Industrial Zone

Post by Duncan »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:28 am Phnom Penh:
According to Prime Minister HE Facebook page post on 19 November 2017, a new big nursing hospital will be built in the 7NG industrial zone to provide the factory workers health care services.

I don't do facebook ,, so did HE say where the supply of good doctors and nurses were coming from and who was paying the salaries and running costs.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

After the election there will be no money as US have withdrawn aid. Not his fault. =@
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

Arget wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:23 pm After the election there will be no money as US have withdrawn aid. Not his fault. =@
Well thats kinda unlikely. USAID money is a drop in the ocean, and got slashed 2016 anyway. That money is already agreed on what they will spend it on which is available on their website, a few health interventions (teaching people to wash their hands, improve sanitation etc). We've never been building hospitals although maybe Kurenko can add more to this, without a cat picture ha ha :good:

Same with all aid, seems like some people think their governments just go to a country and hand over $50 million of tax payers cash to buy the ministry a new rolls royce. They have their health policy and strategy at global level, the local US Embassy for example identifies priorities in the country they work in then they ask for interested parties to apply.

in total Aid i'd be surprised if our (America's) aid this year accounted for more than 2% when compared to all other countries added up so won't be missed and won't affect any hospitals. China (who I would bet my dollar on is paying for this vote winner) is 10 times more aid in official money anyway. We aren't that important and for what its worth, I for one am getting a bit nervous about how long HE will put up with us folks from the USA in Cambodia.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

angkorjohn wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:27 pm We've never been building hospitals although maybe Kurenko can add more to this, without a cat picture ha ha :good:
Been building plenty of hospitals and the recent ones are very good.

Sunrise Japan Hospital, opened last year
In our hospital, contracted physicians and other healthcare providers from Japan will provide Japanese-standard medicine together with the local employees who studied Japanese medical services.
http://www.sunrise-hs.com/

Cho Ray Phnom Penh Hospital opened on13th January 2014
The construction project of Cho Ray hospital in Phnom Penh was included in the framework of the Memorandum of Understanding in friendly cooperation between Phnom Penh capital city and Ho Chi Minh, Which was signed in January 2004. This hospital received support with close cooperation from Cho Ray Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City,

http://www.chorayphnompenhhospital.com. ... 25&lang=en

Royal Phnom Penh Hospital, Opened 2014 (I think)
Royal Phnom Penh Hospital is a tertiary care hospital managed by Bangkok Hospital Group. http://royalphnompenhhospital.com/

Central Hospital opened the end of 2011. Wholly Cambodian owned and run.
PPP article when it opened http://www.phnompenhpost.com/lift/central-hospital

There are plenty of others, such as Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital, Sen Sok International University Hospital,Kantha Bopha IV Children's Hospital. And not forgetting Preah Kossamak Hospital, which supplies a lot of care to the poor. Incidentally a friend of mine is in her final year of nursing and works there a few nights a week training.

angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

thanks for the reply Kuroneko what I meant is (We the USA) USAID has not directly provided funding for building hospitals in Cambodia. Or are all the ones listed built with American dollars?
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

My bad. It was a sarcastic comment on a politicians promise made before an election that can not be met after the election because of someone or some unidentified issue not in the politicians control.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

Excuse Kuroneko, what great hospitals? The first time HE or any HE, bong thom, or anyone with cash goes to a Cambodian doctor or hospital for even a basic yearly health exam then I will think about accepting your BS. Even my staff making $750 per month go to Vietnam or Thailand for a doctor. Also, no Japanese doctor worth a shit is coming to practice in Cambodia. When your life is on the line are you going to one of these great new hospitals?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

And I'd like to thank Kuroneko for recommending Central Hospital earlier this year. I've been there twice and can say the doctors, the equipment and the service was totally professional.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

cambo swa wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:57 pm Excuse Kuroneko, what great hospitals? The first time HE or any HE, bong thom, or anyone with cash goes to a Cambodian doctor or hospital for even a basic yearly health exam then I will think about accepting your BS. Even my staff making $750 per month go to Vietnam or Thailand for a doctor. Also, no Japanese doctor worth a shit is coming to practice in Cambodia. When your life is on the line are you going to one of these great new hospitals?
I dont know which hospital or any hospital for that matter you have run here or have first hand knowledge. I have run a hospital in the provinces and they have come along way since then. I would put Central Hospital in the top runners. They have dealt with TBI, Serious surgery intervention, skin grafts and also Gynecological interventions including cesarean operations and dealing with ovarian cysts etc.

My life was on the line one time here plus I had another serious medical emergency, both of which were adequately dealt with at Central Hospital. I would trust them (and have) with my life. I have taught medics in the Army and taught doctors as a lecturer in Medical School. I also worked on rolling out the first Health Coverage Plan (1995) here.

Why do you say "Also, no Japanese doctor worth a shit is coming to practice in Cambodia" Go to Sunrise and find out! I came to work here and I have held senior research and lecturer positions in three Medical schools in Australia. I came here, so you are implying that I am not worth a shit! Really I don't know why I am bothering to reply to some jumped up bogun, but I will leave it at that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic