Where to buy wet cat food?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Where to buy wet cat food?

Post by frank lee bent »

That's the best idea Frank. And gives someone a little bit of spending money and something to do. And the cat will be so healthy too
it is amazing the difference $3/day can make in the life of ppl below the poverty line in the city. esp if it only takes a few hours a day.

it is funny though- provincial ppl are in hunter gatherer mode and make a living off the land, and money too- rats being a case in point.
during the flooding cycle of the padi the rats go up onto the bund walls and into the trees.
young guys build pneumatic guns in plumbing pipe charged with bicycle pumps that shoot marbles and can make $25 a night with luck shooting rats. and the buyers come to them!
they fish a lot too and can make a bit of money from the fat of the land in some seasons.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"surprisingly the brown rice is much better food- and it smells ok when cooking"

Not surprising at all, but it's g.d. cats being fed, not people. Plus I don't care how it's cooked, liver stinks as do boiled fish. I'll bet Kuroneko replies with a meme.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

frank lee bent wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:50 pm
That's the best idea Frank. And gives someone a little bit of spending money and something to do. And the cat will be so healthy too
it is amazing the difference $3/day can make in the life of ppl below the poverty line in the city. esp if it only takes a few hours a day.

it is funny though- provincial ppl are in hunter gatherer mode and make a living off the land, and money too- rats being a case in point.
during the flooding cycle of the padi the rats go up onto the bund walls and into the trees.
young guys build pneumatic guns in plumbing pipe charged with bicycle pumps that shoot marbles and can make $25 a night with luck shooting rats. and the buyers come to them!
they fish a lot too and can make a bit of money from the fat of the land in some seasons.
You forgot about the frogs too. After the rainfall the kids go collecting frogs for food.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

the Moringa tree, found everywhere yields seeds worth $35/kg in the local market.
for medicine. there is a shortage. local name m'rum or maa room
Khmers are smart hunter gatherers
i have not seen them tackle any hornet's nests for the larvae yet- but i bet they do.
they grow those friggin beasts intentionally in Thailand
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

frank lee bent wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:43 pm
good field rats are $2.50/kg in the provinces and much more for the thriving export market to Vn- which is largely serviced by the hunting of urban rats in PP.

they are sold to the end user as ricefield rats. barf
I've seen the urban rat-catchers in action around Chak Ankgre. They use a sort of elastic-speargun thing and a lamp on their head. One guy went by the yard in front of the house and killed about three in the space of a 2-3 minutes, firing through the fence to where they were hiding among plant-pots. Once he speared one, he'd pull back the spear that was on a string, and smack their head off the road, and in one move stick it into his backpack. The local guy with me said the rats from the forest/ paddies were fine but that was fucking disgusting, the town rats were covered in sores and diseases. Anyway the rat-catcher was very well dressed, looked like he was doing ok. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Khmers are resourceful, but i bet your guy was Viet
Ashcroftie
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by Ashcroftie »

Let's go back to OP's question, shall we?
Although I like Frank's idea of hiring an old lady, if the quest is still for canned cat food: Pencil Supermarket on St. 214 has an extensive range of pet foods.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

thai hout as well
very expensive and imported
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Dangerous Dave wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:23 pm Hi again, everyone.

So I've been feeding about thirty cats at Wat Langka -- Does anyone have any ideas?
Any vet would advise you to spend at least half what you are paying for food on spaying/fixing fees.

At the moment you are just making things worse and propagating stray cats and the possibility of rabies, surely you realise that?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

...and killing off all the local birds, lizards etc.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic